• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

At least 20 dead and 30 injured in Texas church shooting

And please stop comparing guns to cars, they aren't even close to the same thing.  Cars serve a purpose and are much larger and harder to secure.  If you want to own a weapon, you should secure it.  If someone steals your gun out of a gun safe then fine, you are clear.  Leave it out where your kid, or kid's friend, or some gang banger can steal it, enjoy jail.

This all is a perfect example of why nothing changes, no compromise.  Smart gun tech is offered up and you wont compromise on it because you might be wearing gloves?  Wtf?

13 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

WTF?

So if someone steals my car and runs over a bunch of people I should be sent to jail?

What if someone breaks into my house, steals my knives so he can stab a bunch of people. 

Seriously Nate, you've lost it.

It is the same logic.

12 hours ago, nate said:

And please stop comparing guns to cars, they aren't even close to the same thing.  Cars serve a purpose and are much larger and harder to secure.  If you want to own a weapon, you should secure it.  If someone steals your gun out of a gun safe then fine, you are clear.  Leave it out where your kid, or kid's friend, or some gang banger can steal it, enjoy jail.

This all is a perfect example of why nothing changes, no compromise.  Smart gun tech is offered up and you wont compromise on it because you might be wearing gloves?  Wtf?

I can support this but a break in to your home should not be on the homeowner. Your kid's access to it, that's on the owner for sure

http://www.king5.com/ext/news/nation-now/trump-tighter-gun-control-could-have-meant-hundreds-more-deaths-in-texas/281/nationnow/2qqYUwY21iKGQQykykEw8w

"You might not have had that very brave person who happened to have a gun or a rifle in his truck go out and shoot him and hit him and neutralize him," Trump said. "If he didn't have a gun, instead of having 26 dead, you would have had hundreds more dead."

Totally agree! 

What's the problem with Chuck's post? The only thing wrong with it was Trump misspoke, because there were not "hundreds" in the church. But if the murderer had not been shot, he could have escaped and perhaps killed more people. He certainly had the ammunition. The man who confronted him and shot him is a hero and maybe saved a lot of lives.

from the NY Times: The gunman who killed 26 people in a rural Texas church on Sunday escaped from a psychiatric hospital while he was in the Air Force, after making death threats against his superiors and trying to smuggle weapons onto the base where he was stationed, a 2012 police report shows.

and: The report filed by the El Paso officers says that the person who reported Mr. Kelley missing from the hospital advised them that he “suffered from mental disorders,” and that he “was attempting to carry out death threats” against “his military chain of command.” The man “was a danger to himself and others as he had already been caught sneaking firearms onto Holloman Air Force Base,” it added. The police report was published on Tuesday by KPRC, a Houston television station.

What does it take to keep people like this locked up?! He was a ticking time bomb with a history of violence and threats. He should have been put away in a locked facility, and certainly not allowed to buy weapons. Why wasn't he confined indefinitely after his escape?

21 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

What's the problem with Chuck's post? The only thing wrong with it was Trump misspoke, because there were not "hundreds" in the church. But if the murderer had not been shot, he could have escaped and perhaps killed more people. He certainly had the ammunition. The man who confronted him and shot him is a hero and maybe saved a lot of lives.

I love to troll Seattle people who get butthurt over every facking thing Trump tweets, says and does. (mind you, I think Trump is a dick... but he's our dick whether you like it or not). If I had any extra time and energy I'd spend it in the Political forum, but I just don't. 

Liberal crocodile tears make me happy. :)

36 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I love to troll Seattle people who get butthurt over every facking thing Trump tweets, says and does. (mind you, I think Trump is a dick... but he's our dick whether you like it or not). If I had any extra time and energy I'd spend it in the Political forum, but I just don't. 

Liberal crocodile tears make me happy. :)

That’s why we’ve banned you from the political board

And please stop with the cars serve a purpose bs.  If Pfizer produced a blood pressure medication that had a side effect where it shut down the kidneys of thousands and thousands of people every year causing their deaths, it would be bs to say, "Yeah ... but it serves a purpose of lowering the blood pressure of everyone who takes it."

6 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

http://www.king5.com/ext/news/nation-now/trump-tighter-gun-control-could-have-meant-hundreds-more-deaths-in-texas/281/nationnow/2qqYUwY21iKGQQykykEw8w

"You might not have had that very brave person who happened to have a gun or a rifle in his truck go out and shoot him and hit him and neutralize him," Trump said. "If he didn't have a gun, instead of having 26 dead, you would have had hundreds more dead."

Totally agree! 

lolwut

The church only had 50 people in it.