• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gordon or Moustakas

Torridd

Gordon or Moustakas?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you choose? It seems likely the Angels will pick up at least one. Who should that be if it had to be one?

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Last four years...

Prado has a .890 OPS against LHP.

Valbuena has a .806 OPS against RHP.

Wouod be a decent platoon.

It would be an incredibly expensive one. Financially keeping Valbuena and Marte would be much more practical.

any one picking Gordon on that question -- did you see him play in 2017 or see his stats?

He signed a contract deal with KC -- I think it was a one year deal - might have been a one plus one back at the end of the 2015 season.

Anyway, KC spent a lot of money on him and offensively he was a total bust.

Defensively, he's a gold glove -- but he has no to limited power and offensively was a total bust early in 2017 when it counted.

I would easily sign Moustakas of those two -- Moose is a S.Cal product (Chaminade HS -- if I recall correctly) -- has power from a corner position which the Halos have lacked.

not great a field but not terrible either -- probably better than what we've had there.....and now there's this 'issue' with Escobar that no one knows about/talking about. Not sure what that means.........usually means a positive test or something like that but there's no reports of that........who knows?

So I'd pick Moustakas of that choice and, really, it's not a choice -- I wouldn't offer Gordan much, if anything -- perhaps a deal that recognizes he'll he a 4th/ 5th OF'er on the roster, perhaps a late inning defensive replacement/ pinch runner......infrequent starter. that role wouldn't mean much of a contract and less than he'd be willing to accept........

today's players would rather just retire than accept a low end (perhaps incentive based) contract to sit the bench.......

Gordon is signed through 2019 and then has a mutual club/ player option for 2020.

Angels would be foolish to bail KC out of this terrible contract UNLESS KC pays a good portion of the 2018/19 salary - KC unlikely to agree to do that.

Moustakas is a free agent and is the better option  -- he hit 35 plus HRs last year.

Godron hit .208 last year and .220 the year before playing primarily LF -- you really need some offensive production from your LF'er where most teams place their weakest fielding OF starter.....

Moustakas went to Chastworth HS not Chaminade -- so he is a S. Cal product.

Oh - OK -- I just seem to place Alex Gordon and Moustakas together because that's been the debate in KC.

and then KC signed Alex Gordon to an extension (4 year deal - expensive, too -- Boras is his agent) which has not worked out well so far, two years left on the deal.

,220 and .208 BA in '16 and '17.

Dee Gordon vs, Mousakas -- closer call -- think I'd still go with Moustakas -- we need additional power in the line up.

27 minutes ago, disarcina said:

any one picking Gordon on that question -- did you see him play in 2017 or see his stats?

He signed a contract deal with KC -- I think it was a one year deal - might have been a one plus one back at the end of the 2015 season.

Anyway, KC spent a lot of money on him and offensively he was a total bust.

Defensively, he's a gold glove -- but he has no to limited power and offensively was a total bust early in 2017 when it counted.

I would easily sign Moustakas of those two -- Moose is a S.Cal product (Chaminade HS -- if I recall correctly) -- has power from a corner position which the Halos have lacked.

not great a field but not terrible either -- probably better than what we've had there.....and now there's this 'issue' with Escobar that no one knows about/talking about. Not sure what that means.........usually means a positive test or something like that but there's no reports of that........who knows?

So I'd pick Moustakas of that choice and, really, it's not a choice -- I wouldn't offer Gordan much, if anything -- perhaps a deal that recognizes he'll he a 4th/ 5th OF'er on the roster, perhaps a late inning defensive replacement/ pinch runner......infrequent starter. that role wouldn't mean much of a contract and less than he'd be willing to accept........

today's players would rather just retire than accept a low end (perhaps incentive based) contract to sit the bench.......

16 minutes ago, disarcina said:

Gordon is signed through 2019 and then has a mutual club/ player option for 2020.

Angels would be foolish to bail KC out of this terrible contract UNLESS KC pays a good portion of the 2018/19 salary - KC unlikely to agree to do that.

Moustakas is a free agent and is the better option  -- he hit 35 plus HRs last year.

Godron hit .208 last year and .220 the year before playing primarily LF -- you really need some offensive production from your LF'er where most teams place their weakest fielding OF starter.....

picard-facepalm.jpg

1 hour ago, disarcina said:

Well he actually went to Chatsworth HS but yeah it’s the offseason so you get another mulligan.

16 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

Gordon's ability to get on base is largely dependent upon his ability to hit for average and his batting average is largely dependent upon his ability to run. He's going to slow down, the question is how much? If he can steal around 40 bases instead of 60, he will still be a very good player. But if he's anything like Michael Bourn and his foot speed falls off a cliff, Gordon is useless.

Moustakas sacrificed being a smart selective hitter for the HR. With the success of it, that's just basically who he will be going forward. 

Chabces are, Gordon steal 60 bases is done now. He'll steal 40, then 30, and settle in right there, and thus his OBP will be ok, but not good.

My vote is neither. You have one that will get on base but not for long and another that hits HR's in an era where they are common, but doesn't reach base.

Pretty much this...I hope Eppler chooses "Neither" as well

12 hours ago, SigBaby said:

Why not just bring back Howie and let Valbuena and Cowart handle third? Let Cron have a chance at full time Ab's

because i'd rather not watch another year of sub 500 baseball. also, kendrick doesn't play second anymore.