• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Hot Stove Thread

greginpsca

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Red Sox got a good deal.  Lets see what Arrieta gets, but my guess is he gets about the same as JD or the same as Darvish, somewhere in there.  As for Moustakas, poor guy, he had his career year in a year where no one needed a 3rd baseman except for us and we went with defensive athlete over power.  

I think the Boras factor hurt him as well, people are tired of the games.  
I also still think it could be possible as both of us have suggested for us to get him, might even be wise to do so with Machado going SS long term per his own comments

1 minute ago, mulwin444 said:

Upton and Martinez ended up signing for almost identical amounts and I like Upton's overall game better.  

Agreed, 100%  

9 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Wish the Angels signed Dyson for this instead of Chris Young. Would have given them a LH bat, excellent defensive CFer and has elite speed

Me too, but at $3.75 million a year for a guy that won't get many at bats, I get why we didn't.  Hell even Revere might have been a better addition.  But if Young can do what he did in 2016 we will be quite happy with him.  

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Me too, but at $3.75 million a year for a guy that won't get many at bats, I get why we didn't.  Hell even Revere might have been a better addition.  But if Young can do what he did in 2016 we will be quite happy with him.  

I don’t get why people are counting EY out ? Young is only getting 2m. If he sucks and EY is playing well I wouldn’t be shocked if the angels let Young go 

Just now, nando714 said:

I don’t get why people are counting EY out ? Young is only getting 2m. If he sucks and EY is playing well I wouldn’t be shocked if the angels let Young go 

He did pretty good for us last year and he did really well out of the gate.  

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

He did pretty good for us last year and he did really well out of the gate.  

And really bad after he got out of sight of the gate.

First 16 games (64 PA): .333/.429/.556/.984, 3 HR, 5 BB, 11 K, 6 SB, .375 BAbip
Last 30 games (61 PA): .196/.237/.286/.523, 1 HR, 0 BB, 20 K, 6 SB, .286 BAbip

That's a Chris Carter-esque K% his second 'half'. 

EY Jr. is great as AAA depth off-roster that can be recalled to fill 4th OF if someone gets hurt. It's not painful DFA'ing him after his use is up. I could see him bumping CYoung if he's killing it at SLC and Chris isn't cutting it in Anaheim, but it was the right move to make in Spring Training to preserve OF depth. I like how Young hits againt lefties too...that could help a lot if Calhoun struggles against lefties, and on paper stands to be more helpful than EY Jr.'s skill set.

Comparing Upton and Martinez career numbers

Upton age 30 war 32.4 all stars 4 has played 6 seasons over 150 games avg 270 28 hr 88 rbis 15sb .828 ops 4 top 25 MVP seasons

Martinez age 30 war 13.7 all stars 1 has played 1 season over 150 games avg 285 32 hr 100 rbis 3sb .857 ops 2 top 25 MVP seasons

Teeniest increase in chance that Solak or Brandon Lowe as Cron return too. Rays are stocked with MIF prospects and organizational LHP depth.

I've never considered the Angels to be in the mix for Archer or Colome but starting to wonder...trade return has been awfully light this offseason and the Rays starting to look awfully inclined to make deals.

39 minutes ago, jordan said:

Ok, now I’m ready to push for Archer to the Halos. Make it happen Eppler. 

Could definitely see Eppler make the Rays Budge, I can say only a few team at this point are interested in Archer. The Yankee's, Nats and maybe Dodgers. 

Something on the lines of- Cron, Jones/ Marsh, Barria and a 2 other prospects.