• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Hot Stove Thread

greginpsca

6 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

Why are you bring a dick? The truth is Puig’s Wild Horse foundation helps hundreds of kids in the community. He spends a lot of his off season time working with children. 

Puig turned a corner in 2017 and his teammates embraced him. There’s plenty of pics on the web as proof. 

Never a good idea to cast stones ... 

Ive been doing this long enough to know that truck is stolen. Or will be later.

6 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think the Dodgers FO thinks they’re more brilliant then they are and people give them a lot of credit for not really doing anything.  Kershaw will be interesting though.  I think the Dodgers would be prudent to let him walk.  The back stuff bodes ill.  He may be happy to go back to Texas also.  Imagine if the Astros want to take a run at him.  They’ll give him as a good a shot at a ring as the Doyers. 

The other guy I wonder about is harper, as funny as that sounds. He'll break the bank, sure, but im wondering what his market will be. The dodgers have the money, and maybe thats why they made such a push to get under the cap.

The yankees wont. Boston, maybe. Cubs maybe. I could see the white sox maybe. But most of the big spending teams off the top of my head are kind of set in the outfield. 

6 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Four days until pitchers and catchers report, and still no blinking from any of the big FA names

Some big discount deals to be had?

We don't know yet.  Maybe when the first one signs for a lot less than projected we will know.  So far the biggest signings have been Cain, Santana, Bruce and I guess Cozart and they were all in the ballpark of what they were projected to get when the season ended.  From the article I read they had Cain getting $70 million over four years he got $80 million over 5 years.  They had Santana getting 3 years and $45 million, he got 3 years and $60 million.  They had Bruce getting 3 years $39 million, which I believe is what he got.  They had Cozart getting 3 years $42 million he got 3 years $38 million.  They had Wade Davis getting 4 years $60 million and he got 3 years and $52 million. It sure would seem there will be some value somewhere, I am still not convinced it will be with the top talent left.  As soon as one of the pitchers signs the rest will follow.  

38 minutes ago, Stradling said:

We don't know yet.  Maybe when the first one signs for a lot less than projected we will know.  

Once Darvish and Martinez sign, I think the rest will fall into place and players will sign deals like crazy.  Will they be cheaper deals?  Maybe, but then again, maybe not.

The Blue Jays are interested in Andrew Cashner with a one year deal.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/02/blue-jays-rumors-andrew-cashner-interest.html

I must say, if Cashner is willing to sign a one or two year deal, I wish the Angels would jump all over that.  His 49% ground ball rate would be awesome with the infield the Angels have.  He could end up being a huge pick-up if the Angels got him.  It just makes sense IMO.