• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Hot Stove Thread

greginpsca

1 minute ago, floplag said:

i personally like Puig, but ive always liked the guy with an outward passion for the game over the stoic emotionless folks, likely because i am one myself.   
And i think the above is horribly over dramatic.  I would never wish the team failure over a player i didnt like, i just wouldnt cheer as loudly for him when he helps the club. 

All good.  To each his own.

I actively dislike this player.  His behavior is unacceptable to me.

Like I could never root for Macho Camacho to win a fight.

Joaquin Andujar was a head hunter.  I wanted that guy to take a line drive in the teeth.  Wpuld never have wanted him to be an Angel no matter how good he was as a player.

I would just rather try to win without dickheads and accept the win/loss record of that effort.

24 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

All good.  To each his own.

I actively dislike this player.  His behavior is unacceptable to me.

Like I could never root for Macho Camacho to win a fight.

Joaquin Andujar was a head hunter.  I wanted that guy to take a line drive in the teeth.  Wpuld never have wanted him to be an Angel no matter how good he was as a player.

I would just rather try to win without dickheads and accept the win/loss record of that effort.

Huge difference between someone trying to hurt other players, and being emotional and high spirited.  I agree with you 100% on the former.  Dickhead is opinion, headhunter isnt.  

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Well at least we won't be trotting out an all defensive, no offense CF this season for our 4th/5th outfielder off the bench.

--

Yankees signed OF Shane Robinson to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training. The deal comes with a salary of $950,000 if Robinson makes the Yankees' major league roster, though that will be an uphill battle given the talent all across the organization's outfield depth chart. Robinson, 33, is a career .226/.294/.297 hitter in parts of eight seasons at the big league level. Source: Bob Nightengale on Twitter

And Reggie Willits is supposedly giving classes this spring to Stanton and Judge on how to play LF. LOL

17 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I honestly don’t think that next year is gonna be a lot different.  Harper and Machado are going to get paid.  Otherwise I think it’s going to be pretty much the same. 

The interesting one to me will be kershaw. The dodgers PR cant let him go. But their front office is very smart....i think they know a long term deal would be a bad idea (with his injury history). 

But i can see kershaw giving them a real hometown discount.

19 hours ago, VariousCrap said:

You are 100% wrong.  This is something that anyone with eyes could see coming.  GMs and owners are using analytics to make decisions more than they ever had in the past.  You also have the "Pujols/Kemp Complex" that has demonstrated to teams how dangerous it is give guys going into their 30's huge money/long deal contracts.  Add all that to the fact that none of the free agents this season are elite players and you can understand why this is all happening.

next winter should be pretty interesting with machado and harper hitting the FA market. those guys are going to want brinks trucks full of cash. will anyone give it to them?

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Um I have it on good authority that he’s a “great guy”. 

Why are you bring a dick? The truth is Puig’s Wild Horse foundation helps hundreds of kids in the community. He spends a lot of his off season time working with children. 

Puig turned a corner in 2017 and his teammates embraced him. There’s plenty of pics on the web as proof. 

Never a good idea to cast stones ... 

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

The interesting one to me will be kershaw. The dodgers PR cant let him go. But their front office is very smart....i think they know a long term deal would be a bad idea (with his injury history). 

But i can see kershaw giving them a real hometown discount.

I think the Dodgers FO thinks they’re more brilliant then they are and people give them a lot of credit for not really doing anything.  Kershaw will be interesting though.  I think the Dodgers would be prudent to let him walk.  The back stuff bodes ill.  He may be happy to go back to Texas also.  Imagine if the Astros want to take a run at him.  They’ll give him as a good a shot at a ring as the Doyers. 

5 hours ago, Tank said:

next winter should be pretty interesting with machado and harper hitting the FA market. those guys are going to want brinks trucks full of cash. will anyone give it to them?

I think the elite players, like them, we'll definitely get the money they want.