• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Hot Stove Thread

greginpsca

Just now, Warfarin said:

Yup, they got a pretty good return.  It would have been hard for us to willingly compete with that deal.  We could have, but I wouldn't want to have to give up all that talent.

Yeah, I'm pretty okay with us not being involved here. #13 prospect overall (#1 in house), along with a top 10 in house prospect, a top 20 in house prospect, and a fringe prospect.

20 minutes ago, krAbs said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/01/brewers-to-acquire-christian-yelich.html

Yelich to the Brewers. They appear to be giving up their #1 prospect (high ranking outfielder - #13 overall per mlb.com) and a top 10 prospect infielder. Maybe more to follow.

Feels like an Adell, Jones, Barria, Thaiss would have been around an equivalent. I would have said no.

I imagine we will see the Brewers sign one of Arrieta, Darvish, Lynn, or Cobb before all is said an done.

4 minutes ago, floplag said:

From what i saw it was 2 of their top 6 plus.  
Now i wonder how many still would make that deal?

Right - it sounds like Brinson is objectively their top prospect, by a lot - talented, MLB ready outfielder. Beyond that, I feel like rankings get more subjective - according to Nightengale, it was their #1, #6, and #14 prospects (plus another less important prospect). Solid trade for the Marlins, imo. Real boost to their farm system.

7 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Yelich is not at 26 yo Miguel Cabrera.  He's an excellent player that just got superstar return for the Marlins.  

Remember that not a single one of those players did jackshit for the Marlins though. 

Cabrera produced 6.5 WAR a season from age 26-29; I can see Yelich turning into a 5-6 WAR annually player during that span. Miggy posted 20.3 WAR age 21-25. Yelich is at 17.7. I really feel the Fangraphs article comparing Yelich to having a Votto-esque type offensive output is attainable - probably not peak Votto, but close to.

Good return for the Marlins and one they desperately needed, I like the move for the Brewers as well they dealt from their surplus and added a great player on a fantastic contract that may even take another step up with the way their park accentuates left handed hitting.

8 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Feels like an Adell, Jones, Barria, Thaiss would have been around an equivalent. I would have said no.

I imagine we will see the Brewers sign one of Arrieta, Darvish, Lynn, or Cobb before all is said an done.

I'm happy for the Brewers.  I'm reading they are pursuing Cain heavily too.  Yelich, Cain, and either Darvish or Arrieta is a helluva offseason for them.  Considering they were on the cusp of a wild card last season, this gives them a legit chance at the division (assuming either Cain or a top SP sign).

6 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

I'm happy for the Brewers.  I'm reading they are pursuing Cain heavily too.  Yelich, Cain, and either Darvish or Arrieta is a helluva offseason for them.  Considering they were on the cusp of a wild card last season, this gives them a legit chance at the division (assuming either Cain or a top SP sign).

Yeah they've got a cool little team. It's good to see they aren't rolling over from a fight with Cubs and Cards. I imagine Cubs will also up the ante for a SP now too.

According to FanRag's Jon Heyman, the Nationals are attempting to acquire J.T. Realmuto from the Marlins, but Miami is asking for Victor Robles.

Realmuto is certainly worth a top prospect and more, but Robles might be a little too much and the Nationals would have a difficult time putting together a worth package without him. If the two sides were able to do something, it'd probably involve fellow outfield prospect Juan Soto.
Related: Nationals

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

I now hope the Brewers land Darvish. Liking their team! 

I agree. I was just thinking - they've sold their farm, now its time to nut up or shut up. I kinda expect them to start throwing money at free agents in order to try to be comfortably better than the Cubs are.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

Wat

Thames > Cron for part time 1B/DH and outfielder (LF/RF). 

I still would like to add more pop and a lefthanded bat over Cron if we can, much like I wanted to sign Logan Morrison earlier this winter. Send them Cron/Perez for Thames? 

I guess we should see if Ohtani's bat is legit in ST first though.