• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Hot Stove Thread

greginpsca

12 minutes ago, Brent Maguire said:

Per Jim Bowden, the Angels are one of numerous teams showing interest in Yu Darvish. Won't cost a draft pick but his signing would put the club right up against the luxury tax threshold. 

And he had tweeted that the Mariners and Cubs were the leaders to get Ohtani through his Japanese "sources". Yeah  that's credible......

28 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Wow, I thought that was Moose's landing spot. He may really have to turn back to KC now, unless the Mets, Sox, or Yankees come in strong.

The Cardinals have been rumored as a possible landing spot too.

35 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Giants Acquire Evan Longoria

By Jeff Todd | December 20, 2017 at 10:43am CDT

11:12am: The deal is now official.

10:43am: The Rays and Giants have agreed to a deal that will send Evan Longoria to San Francisco, per Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times (via Twitter).

Young infielder Christian Arroyo will head to Tampa Bay in return, per Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports (Twitter links). Outfielder Denard Span is going with him, helping to offset some of Longoria’s salary. Young pitchers Stephen Woods and Matt Krookare also joining the Rays, Murray (via Twitter) and Passan (via Twitter) add.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

34 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Wow, I thought that was Moose's landing spot. He may really have to turn back to KC now, unless the Mets, Sox, or Yankees come in strong.

I am not sure signing for one year with the Yankees is a good move for him. Teams aren't stupid anymore. If they aren't signing him after him hitting 36 (or 38, I forget) HRs in KC I don't see them being impressed with his HR total in NY with the short porch there.

43 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Royals probably didn't think they'd have realistic chances of keeping BOTH Hosmer and Moustakas, but with options drying up and the market simply not there, it's now a very real possibility. Gotta think they'll be able to keep one of them

1 hour ago, OHTANILAND said:

49E98EEC-D920-42F1-A3B5-383908D979AC.jpeg

LOL..  I feel bad for the Orioles -- definitely bad luck but they have been behaving so foolishly the last couple of seasons this almost seems fitting.   Have you seen the reports they are making teams interested in Machado give them assurances they won't turn around and trade him to the Yankees?    Talk about a lack of vision.   If the Yankees are going to give you the best possible package then you trade the guy and then deal with the criticism...    Britton was a valuable trade piece last year -- now he's Cameron Maybin..   ie...  all his value went down the drain when he got hurt..  again...

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

LOL..  I feel bad for the Orioles -- definitely bad luck but they have been behaving so foolishly the last couple of seasons this almost seems fitting.   Have you seen the reports they are making teams interested in Machado give them assurances they won't turn around and trade him to the Yankees?    Talk about a lack of vision.   If the Yankees are going to give you the best possible package then you trade the guy and then deal with the criticism...    Britton was a valuable trade piece last year -- now he's Cameron Maybin..   ie...  all his value went down the drain when he got hurt..  again...

I feel bad for Britton.  Not the Orioles.  Angelos needs to get out of his own way.   They are pretty close to a rebuild.  They should absolutely trade Machado to the highest bidder.   Wouldn't mind prying away Gausman or Bundy from them.  Would be willing to give up a decent package.  Those guys might do well getting out of the AL east band box 

37 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I agree with you 100%. It was just a season or two ago I thought the O’s were going to go on a huge run. Their fans must be livid with what’s transpired lately. Now Britton blows a tire. What else could go wrong. They should just put Machado out to bid and take the best package possible no matter who gives it to them.