• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Hot Stove Thread

greginpsca

6 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

when was Matt Kemp ever Albert Pujols.  Not that I want Albert in the lineup, but Albert garners a modicum of respect.  

Was gonna say thr same, but figured id get blasted.

I agree he shouldnt be inked in as thr middle of the order guy, but pretending a guy like kemp is comparable is silly.

Just now, ten ocho recon scout said:

Was gonna say thr same, but figured id get blasted.

I agree he shouldnt be inked in as thr middle of the order guy, but pretending a guy like kemp is comparable is silly.

Yep.  I understand being down on Albert, but to compare him to Kemp is a joke.  

BTW, this is a bailout for the dogs.  Although they lose depth for their SP, they can now flip kemp and eat about 10m of next years AAV.  Then they can sign Darvish.  

Atlanta wins too though as mentioned.  They drop 50m in payroll after this year and 22m for next year with cash net neutral.  Smart with next years FA class.  The problem is that they have a cloud of uncertainty around them with the recent sanctions so it remains to be seen if free agents will think of it as an attractive destination.  

Even Agon wins.  He can go grab a platoon spot with a contender like Boston or Colorado for league min.  

9 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Where are you getting that from?

Hope this helps

• While the Los Angeles-born Stanton would have preferred to go to the Dodgers, they didn’t make an offer that “intrigued” the Marlins, Joel Sherman of the New York Post tweets. Sending Stanton to the Dodgers would have required the Marlins to take on more bad contracts than they were “comfortable with,” according to Sherman, who reports that LA wanted Miami to accept one or both of Adrian Gonzalez or Scott Kazmir and absorb $30MM of Stanton’s contract. The Marlins found acquiring Starlin Castro from the Yankees much more appealing, as he’s someone they could slot in at second base or flip elsewhere.

traderumors

The problem with Agon as an Angel is he has a bad back so he can no longer play anywhere other than first base or DH.  The two positions Albert plays.  We also have Cron and Valbuena. We seem to be going with a 6 man rotation so our bench will be short one body.  Just no room for a guy like Agon. 

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

The problem with Agon as an Angel is he has a bad back so he can no longer play anywhere other than first base or DH.  The two positions Albert plays.  We also have Cron and Valbuena. We seem to be going with a 6 man rotation so our bench will be short one body.  Just no room for a guy like Agon. 

You trade Cron and Valbuena if you wanted Agon ... and save a ton of money. I’m not suggesting it so don’t go psycho on me. 

Valbuena is valuable for many reasons ... I think

6 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

You trade Cron and Valbuena if you wanted Agon ... and save a ton of money. I’m not suggesting it so don’t go psycho on me. 

Valbuena is valuable for many reasons ... I think

I love Agon’s Swing, but sadly I think he’s done.  I’d rather have Valbuena because he’s less of. Health risk and can be the back up third baseman. 

28 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

BTW, this is a bailout for the dogs.  Although they lose depth for their SP, they can now flip kemp and eat about 10m of next years AAV.  Then they can sign Darvish.  

Atlanta wins too though as mentioned.  They drop 50m in payroll after this year and 22m for next year with cash net neutral.  Smart with next years FA class.  The problem is that they have a cloud of uncertainty around them with the recent sanctions so it remains to be seen if free agents will think of it as an attractive destination.  

Even Agon wins.  He can go grab a platoon spot with a contender like Boston or Colorado for league min.  

I don't see the Dodgers signing Darvish.  Think he was just a rental for them, nothing more.  I imagine they'll make a smaller-scale move and save the money for next year's FA class.

Just now, Troll Daddy said:

You actually have a better chance of being right for once than being wrong 

Says the guy who is usually wrong.  Remember when you said Cozart wasn’t going to sign here because he’s a short stop.  Seems like only yesterday (because it was).  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Says the guy who is usually wrong.  Remember when you said Cozart wasn’t going to sign here because he’s a short stop.  Seems like only yesterday (because it was).  

I remember saying doubtful ... money talks. Smart move on his part going to a winning team. 

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Dave Schoenfield can go fuck himself.  What’s his point in attempting to mock Scoiscia?

Mebbe Scioscia shouldnt give him such a good reason to mock him.

It's really ridiculous, hitting Albert 4th. It's too important a spot to have someone with Albert's stats from last year, occupying clean-up.

Besides, isn't Schoenfield originally a hockey guy? Or am I thinking of Schoenfeld? 

3 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

Hope this helps

• While the Los Angeles-born Stanton would have preferred to go to the Dodgers, they didn’t make an offer that “intrigued” the Marlins, Joel Sherman of the New York Post tweets. Sending Stanton to the Dodgers would have required the Marlins to take on more bad contracts than they were “comfortable with,” according to Sherman, who reports that LA wanted Miami to accept one or both of Adrian Gonzalez or Scott Kazmir and absorb $30MM of Stanton’s contract. The Marlins found acquiring Starlin Castro from the Yankees much more appealing, as he’s someone they could slot in at second base or flip elsewhere.

traderumors

Gotcha

2 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Mebbe Scioscia shouldnt give him such a good reason to mock him.

It's really ridiculous, hitting Albert 4th. It's too important a spot to have someone with Albert's stats from last year, occupying clean-up.

Besides, isn't Schoenfield originally a hockey guy? Or am I thinking of Schoenfeld? 

This is such a bs take.  Who should have been batting 4th ? Sub Mendoza Valbuena ? Cron who hit for exactly a month and a half the entire season ? Scoiscia has been the Angels manager for almost 20 years.  He’s won a shit load of games.  He’s presided over the best teams in the organizations history.  Get some perspective man.  He has a resume that almost every manager will never ever come close to matching. 

And Schoenfeld is a fucking stat head smug douche that’s running with the bullshit perception that Scoiscia is against using sabermetrics and other modern baseball tools.     All of that is complete bullshit.  The Angels have had some bad offensive clubs in the last 10 years.  Literally Scoiscia has had few other options. 

Schoenfeld is national guy that doesn’t know shit about the Angels.  Like I said.  He can fuck himself. 

Edited by UndertheHalo