• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Hot Stove Thread

greginpsca

16 hours ago, Calzone said:

Aaron Boone was selected to Manage the Yankees. 

While he doesn't have coaching experience, the fact is he comes from a three generation of big leaguers family, had a significant career and has a ton of media experience which also matters.

No idea if it works out but I'm not jumping on the bandwagon that he isn't qualified.

9 minutes ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

Are these the only serious teams they're negotiating with, or just the first two?

They're the only two teams that are willing to take it up the arse for a good portion of his salary, while also trading away good young players. 

38 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

They're the only two teams that are willing to take it up the arse for a good portion of his salary, while also trading away good young players. 

Which makes no sense IMO.  If I'm Stanton, I wait to see where Ohtani goes.  I also tell the Marlins the team I want to go to and if I can't go there, I have no problem playing for the Marlins next year.  If the Angels did get Ohtani, Stanton could tell the Marlins he wants to go to the Angels and to make it happen.  Stanton's full no trade clause gives him all the power.  I know a lot of rumors suggest he wants to play for his childhood team the Dodgers but they simply can't afford him unless the Marlins take back salary.  It would also be weird for him to play for his childhood teams rivals but so far, all we keep hearing and reading are the Giants and Cards.

6:38pm: The Rays, Cardinals and White Sox are out, according to the Tampa Bay Times’ Marc Topkin, Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and USA Today’s Bob Nightengale (all Twitter links).

6:15pm: The Diamondbacks won’t receive a meeting, Ken Rosenthal tweets.

6:12pm: The Blue Jays, Pirates, and Brewers are all out, as respectively reported by Sportsnet.ca’s Shi Davidi, MLB.com’s Adam Berry, and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Tom Haudricourt (all Twitter links).

5:48pm: The Mets are also out, as per Joel Sherman of the New York Post (Twitter link).

5:38pm: Ohtani’s list is “heavy” on West Coast teams, Mike Berardino of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports, though the Cubs may still be involved.  Not every west-based team is included, however, as The Athletic’s Ken Rosenthal tweets that the A’s aren’t involved.

5:28pm: The Red Sox are also out of the running, president of baseball ops Dave Dombrowski told Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe.  The Twins also won’t be getting a meeting with Ohtani, Heyman tweets.

Two Phillies middle infielders are drawing trade buzz, as the Padreshave interest in shortstop Freddy Galvis, while the Angels continue to have interest in second baseman Cesar HernandezThe Athletic’s Ken Rosenthal reports (subscription required).  The Halos have long been connected to Hernandez for their second base vacancy, with interest dating back to last offseason.