• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Hot Stove Thread

greginpsca

"The Yankees are facing a significant roster crunch that needs to be resolved by November 20th, which is the deadline to set rosters ahead of the Rule 5 Draft. As Josh Norris of Baseball America points out (subscription required and recommended), the Yankees only had two open spots on the 40-man as of Thursday, and have a number of players worth protecting. That list includes No. 3 overall prospect Gleyber Torres, along with Albert Abreu, Thailo Estrada, Domingo Acevedo and Billy McKinney. Trading Rumbelow, who was added to the 40-man roster on November 6th, doesn’t magically solve the Yankees’ Rule 5 dilemma, but it helps by clearing one more spot."

From the MLBTR article about the Rumbelow trade. I can't see Eppler not making a trade with NYY with their situation, our needs, his familiarity with those players, and his penchant for nabbing fringe 40-man guys and making them into something.

55 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Mariners acquire Nick Rumbelow from the Yankees for two minor league pitchers. 

Jerry has made three times as many trades as anyone else this winter...

51 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

As is tradition. 

He will make as many trades as it takes until one of them works in his favor so he can finally get a boner.

Crack's a helluva drug!

50 minutes ago, totdprods said:

"The Yankees are facing a significant roster crunch that needs to be resolved by November 20th, which is the deadline to set rosters ahead of the Rule 5 Draft. As Josh Norris of Baseball America points out (subscription required and recommended), the Yankees only had two open spots on the 40-man as of Thursday, and have a number of players worth protecting. That list includes No. 3 overall prospect Gleyber Torres, along with Albert Abreu, Thailo Estrada, Domingo Acevedo and Billy McKinney. Trading Rumbelow, who was added to the 40-man roster on November 6th, doesn’t magically solve the Yankees’ Rule 5 dilemma, but it helps by clearing one more spot."

From the MLBTR article about the Rumbelow trade. I can't see Eppler not making a trade with NYY with their situation, our needs, his familiarity with those players, and his penchant for nabbing fringe 40-man guys and making them into something.

Wouldn't mind us getting Thairo Estrada or Domingo Acevedo. Estrada is only 21 and at (AA),  Acevedo at (AAA) and i see him either in the rotation or Bullpen.

Contract numbers are always wrong on this board. People always overestimate how much the great players will get and underestimate how much the good players get. Chatwood has 8-10 teams looking at him, he's going to get 3 years min, more likely 4 or 5 at a minimum of 8-10M per season. He's young, too. Moustakas is going into his age 29 season, he will get at least 4, more likely five years and at a min of 12 M per AAV. Mike Minor as a reliever gets less than as a starter. 

So let’s review......

So we are eyeing Morrison,

Pujols is going to improve his offense,

we’re pushing to lock up Trout. Oh and get Stanton too,

the Angels are the preferred location for Moustakas,

We’re going to somehow lure Ohtani here with our $150k

We’ve explored upgrading RF

Donaldson and Hernandez would = great lineup

We’re now wanting that douchbag Kinsler for 2B

Really?

DE20A6D4-7689-44E3-A1A7-BD107341964E.gif

6 hours ago, Calzone said:

So let’s review......

So we are eyeing Morrison,

Pujols is going to improve his offense,

we’re pushing to lock up Trout. Oh and get Stanton too,

the Angels are the preferred location for Moustakas,

We’re going to somehow lure Ohtani here with our $150k

We’ve explored upgrading RF

Donaldson and Hernandez would = great lineup

We’re now wanting that douchbag Kinsler for 2B

Really?

DE20A6D4-7689-44E3-A1A7-BD107341964E.gif

Outside of you being you I have no idea why you made this post.  These are either rumors or fans actual fans that are discussing what might or could happen.  Lots of people like to speculate.  I’m looking forward to you being bizaro Lou in the next few months, throwing this stuff in our face when it doesn’t happen or when it does happen and the player has a bad game or bad at bat.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Outside of you being you I have no idea why you made this post.  These are either rumors or fans actual fans that are discussing what might or could happen.  Lots of people like to speculate.  I’m looking forward to you being bizaro Lou in the next few months, throwing this stuff in our face when it doesn’t happen or when it does happen and the player has a bad game or bad at bat.  

Well your Hot Stove parties are always great entertainment.

03CE9ED4-F27B-4DA8-866B-152095D76454.gif

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

He forgot to mention how we're getting Hosmer because he's a "gamer" and signing CC Sabathia because well, he is all the things he normally rails against.    I mean, if a person is going to bring up all the crap being said on the board and claim them as done deals, then they should include their own genius suggestions. 

5 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

According to “industry consensus,” Alex Cobb’s free agent market will come down to a battle between the Cubs and Yankees, Peter Gammons writes in his newest entry at GammonsDaily.com.

Every free agent will be down to the Yankees, cubs, or Red Sox 

11 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

He forgot to mention how we're getting Hosmer because he's a "gamer" and signing CC Sabathia because well, he is all the things he normally rails against.    I mean, if a person is going to bring up all the crap being said on the board and claim them as done deals, then they should include their own genius suggestions. 

guilty as charged.