• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Hot Stove Thread

greginpsca

1 hour ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I shall now present to you the 2018-2019 angels Lineup And the Stats. Avg/OBP/Slug/Ops- Hrs/Rbi/Sb

1. 2nd base Cesar Hernandez ( Traded for trop and Duensing) ( .292/351/.370/.750) - 8/42/25

2. SS Andrelton Simmons ( .285/.343/.415/.760)- 16/64/18

3. Cf- Mike Trout (.321/.450/.645/1.035)- 32/115/15

4. Lf Justin Upton ( .270/.362/.500/.902)- 30/121/10

5. Dh Albert Pujols (.268/.325/.454/ .464/.802)- 25/101/2

6. 3rd  Mike Moustakas ( 3yrs 44 mil; with a 4th opt year)- ( .275/ .323/.523/.817)-32/102/0

7. 1st Cj Cron- ( .278/.335/.464/.780)- 24/82/2

8. Rf  Kole Calhoun - ( .265/.340/.430/.735)- 16/75/7

9. Martin Maldonado - _.245/.311/.400/.709)- 10/44/0

The starting Roation

NAME- Innings- W-/L- Era 

1. Richards- 145- 13/6-3.16

2. SKaggs- 182-14/7- 3.51

3. Chatwood( 2yrs/ 15 mil) - 165- 11/8- 3.37

4. Shoemaker- 178-12/10-3.94

5. Heaney- 140/ 7/5-3.62

Bp- 

Closer- Bedrock

Setup 1- Parker

Setup 2- Minor (3yrs/ 24mil)

Middle Reliever- Middelton

Middle Reliever 2- Noe Ramirez

Long - Alvarez

Long 2- Brid

Bench- Valbuena/ Coward/ Juan/ EYJ 

Why is it written in size 2.5 font?

10 minutes ago, totdprods said:

No more legitimate than what we post here, but always interesting to see what other sites post for trade theoreticals:

Angels and Kinsler:
motorcitybengals.com/2017/11/14/detroit-tigers-trio-free-agents-depth/

They pitch three ideas:
1) Kinsler for Thaiss with Detroit covering some money
2) Kinsler for Brennon Lund with no/little money involved
3) Kinsler for Blake Wood & lesser prospects

i'd do 3 since wood is a non-tender candidate for me.  

12 minutes ago, totdprods said:

No more legitimate than what we post here, but always interesting to see what other sites post for trade theoreticals:

Angels and Kinsler:
motorcitybengals.com/2017/11/14/detroit-tigers-trio-free-agents-depth/

They pitch three ideas:
1) Kinsler for Thaiss with Detroit covering some money
2) Kinsler for Brennon Lund with no/little money involved
3) Kinsler for Blake Wood & lesser prospects

2 & 3 are perfectly fine. 1 is an awful idea. He's only owed 11 million. 

Dipoto just traded for a poor man's version of Moustakas to play a crappy 1b.  I'd rather give Moose a 5/80 deal than give up prospects for Ryon Healy who can't even spell his own name right.  

Still like the 26yo who had 84 bb and 26 hrs last year.  oh yeah, he also plays excellent defense.  

1 hour ago, jordan111280 said:

Boy have things slowed down to a crawl in the Hot Stove.  Usually by now there are a lot more exciting rumors, not just with the Halos, all across MLB.  The Otani thing must be holding everyone back.  

Read a good article the other day that mentioned I think 7-8 factors holding things up. Otani, Stanton, the fact that Boras is repping most of the big names (and he's notoriously for stretching things out), the surprising manager/coaching crop that hit the market, etc.

13 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Read a good article the other day that mentioned I think 7-8 factors holding things up. Otani, Stanton, the fact that Boras is repping most of the big names (and he's notoriously for stretching things out), the surprising manager/coaching crop that hit the market, etc.

Makes sense.  In other words, the perfect storm for a sluggish off season.  But once the storm passes, it’ll probably move in a whirlwind. 

3 minutes ago, jordan111280 said:

Makes sense.  In other words, the perfect storm for a sluggish off season.  But once the storm passes, it’ll probably move in a whirlwind. 

Deadline to add to 40-man is Monday I think, so probably a few minor trades and waiver claims going down this weekend into Monday, then it'll go quiet for Thanksgiving.

Since the Angels still have a big time question mark at second base, I think they should entertain the idea of reuniting with former Halo, Howard Kendrick. He has a solid track record and coming off the best year of his career. Obviously, I don't see him putting an OPS like over .830 again but a .760- 770 OPS with a solid OBP is doable for Kendrick.

7 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Since the Angels still have a big time question mark at second base, I think they should entertain the idea of reuniting with former Halo, Howard Kendrick. He has a solid track record and coming off the best year of his career. Obviously, I don't see him putting an OPS like over .830 again but a .760- 770 OPS with a solid OBP is doable for Kendrick.

I agree he could also be that super utility for us. He can be the 4th OF while also getting bats at 1st and 3rd against Lefties.  

On 11/16/2017 at 1:07 PM, Angelsfan1984 said:

Id rather have Petit than Minor and I'd take Bridwell in the starting 5, but otherwise I think that might be spot on.

I would like us Keep Petit, but in Division that has Cano, Reddick, Seager, Olsen.. many more plus against guys like Joe mauer,  Hicks, Gardener i rather have a dominant lefty cuz Alvarez is not the Guy. For the 5 spot  i'd start of with Shoemaker dUE to his potential, it all depends on that splitter If its on he;s hard to hit off. One thing i've noticed about Shoe is that he starts the season of slow than the next month he picks up, hit another stop the following month but than just dominates the rest of the year.

1 hour ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I agree he could also be that super utility for us. He can be the 4th OF while also getting bats at 1st and 3rd against Lefties.  

The only OF spot Howie can only play lf. On the IF, he can't play ss. Your 4th OF'er should be able to play all 3 spots. And your utility  IF'er should be able to play 2b, ss, and 3b. Otherwise you will be eating up roster spots that need to go to bullpen arms.

3 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

I love Howie but the amount of time he spent on two DL stints last year is troubling at his age.

2 hours ago, greginpsca said:

The only OF spot Howie can only play lf. On the IF, he can't play ss. Your 4th OF'er should be able to play all 3 spots. And your utility  IF'er should be able to play 2b, ss, and 3b. Otherwise you will be eating up roster spots that need to go to bullpen arms.

Yup. If Howie is on this team, it's in one of three ways : 

1) starting 2B

2) replacing Valbuena as starting 3B

3) replacing Valbuena as CIF, with Luis the starting 3B

All of those feel more like a Plan D to address those needs.