• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Hot Stove Thread

greginpsca

16 minutes ago, vladdy#27 said:

This move just screams Eppler to me. He has a history of trading with the Tigers, Maybin and Upton. Kinsler is on a one year deal, Eppler likes acquiring guys on one year deals Maybin, Revere, and Espinosa. 

I could live with Kinsler for 1 year at 11M. He’d probably cost similar to what Maybin cost. Maybin not much of a track record coming off a good year. Kinsler with a good track record coming off a down year. 

14 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Definitely agree. I'd be happy with Kinsler for a year. He'd be solid. Keeps money and prospects available for 1B, 3B, pitching, or an 'out-of-left field' RF scenario.

But wait......

http://www.angelswin-forum.com/forums/topic/20476-all-douche-team/

The #Angels are looking at second base upgrades through free agency. Neil Walker and Zach Cozart are on their list (if Cozart is willing to entertain the idea of moving off shortstop).

·
An #MLB insider who's familiar with Mike Moustakas' thinking said the #Angels are No. 1 on his wish list. GM Billy Eppler could pursue Moose, or he could roll with Luis Valbuena (22 HRS and a .199 batting average) at 3B and focus on adding a second baseman.

8 minutes ago, totdprods said:

The #Angels are looking at second base upgrades through free agency. Neil Walker and Zach Cozart are on their list (if Cozart is willing to entertain the idea of moving off shortstop).

·
An #MLB insider who's familiar with Mike Moustakas' thinking said the #Angels are No. 1 on his wish list. GM Billy Eppler could pursue Moose, or he could roll with Luis Valbuena (22 HRS and a .199 batting average) at 3B and focus on adding a second baseman.

#1 but not number 1 in terms of a discount im betting.

14 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Not even at 5 years, 5 bucks?

Ha! I was literally going to say it would be 5 yr 5 million.

If Moose wants say somewhere between 60-90 mill (let’s say a 15 per) I just think Eppler can get so much more out of that 15 than to use it on Moose.

Moose also doesn’t appear to be in the greatest shape. He was in a lot better shape a few years ago. 

9 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Ha! I was literally going to say it would be 5 yr 5 million.

If Moose wants say somewhere between 60-90 mill (let’s say a 15 per) I just think Eppler can get so much more out of that 15 than to use it on Moose.

I just think that right field wall is going to eat him alive. 

At first I was all for him but I just think he’s too inconsistent for all that $$$$

and you’re right . We can use that money more wisely 

7 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

Just say no to Kinsler.  I'd take Gordon over Kinsler and I don't want Gordon either.

From MLBTradeRumors...

"Kinsler had a down year at the plate in 2017, hitting .236/.313/.412 in 613 plate appearances. Though his average, OBP and slugging marks all fell off considerably from a superlative 2016 season (.288/.348/.484), Kinsler still connected on 22 homers this past season and exhibited other encouraging signs.

For starters, the nine percent walk rate Kinsler logged in 2017 was his highest since the 2011 season, and his 14 percent strikeout rate was not only an improvement over the ’16 campaign but also tied for the 27th-lowest mark among qualified big league hitters. Kinsler’s 37 percent hard-contact rate was the highest mark of his career as well, but despite the uptick in hard-hit balls his BABIP plummeted to .244. Granted, some of that is attributable to a career-worst 14.4 percent infield fly rate, but the rest of his batted-ball profile suggests that Kinsler could be due for some better fortune in 2018. On the defensive side of the coin, Kinsler remains an excellent option and one of the more underrated defensive players in all of baseball, regardless of position."

If he comes cheap/cheapest, I'd be interested. 

5 minutes ago, totdprods said:

From MLBTradeRumors...

"Kinsler had a down year at the plate in 2017, hitting .236/.313/.412 in 613 plate appearances. Though his average, OBP and slugging marks all fell off considerably from a superlative 2016 season (.288/.348/.484), Kinsler still connected on 22 homers this past season and exhibited other encouraging signs.

For starters, the nine percent walk rate Kinsler logged in 2017 was his highest since the 2011 season, and his 14 percent strikeout rate was not only an improvement over the ’16 campaign but also tied for the 27th-lowest mark among qualified big league hitters. Kinsler’s 37 percent hard-contact rate was the highest mark of his career as well, but despite the uptick in hard-hit balls his BABIP plummeted to .244. Granted, some of that is attributable to a career-worst 14.4 percent infield fly rate, but the rest of his batted-ball profile suggests that Kinsler could be due for some better fortune in 2018. On the defensive side of the coin, Kinsler remains an excellent option and one of the more underrated defensive players in all of baseball, regardless of position."

If he comes cheap/cheapest, I'd be interested. 

I say no way to Kinsler.

There are plenty of choices for 2B.  We don't need to settle for him.

Hernandez, Walker, Gordon, Cozart, Kipnis and even Nunez.  I'll take any of them over Kinsler.