• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

More Thoughts & Prayers

In my opinion it's neutral territory. 

Guns do prove their value with stopping a shooter and preventing the act from becoming more horrific. 

People were shot and they most likely now deal with the psychological trauma along with the physical scars of what happened. If I remember correctly, @wopphil has issues with guns because of an experience he had. 

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

In my opinion it's neutral territory. 

Guns do prove their value with stopping a shooter and preventing the act from becoming more horrific. 

People were shot and they most likely now deal with the psychological trauma along with the physical scars of what happened. If I remember correctly, @wopphil has issues with guns because of an experience he had. 

Or they make it more horrific.  There’s that possibility also.  

15 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t think that having randoms decide to carry out justice on their own is a good thing.  I’m sure you can see the problems that arise with this being widely accepted.  And again, the  shooter still did exactly what he intended on doing.  Nothing was prevented. 

He didn’t stop him. 

That is a bold statement when you have no way of knowing that.

12 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I know it because there’s two shot people.  It’s not bold at all. 

and it sounds like those 2 were exactly who the shooter wanted. 

and you assume he wouldn't have shot anyone else?  You have know way of knowing this.  No way.

Regardless, if you don't think this is a victory for gun advocates you're kidding yourself.

In simplest terms, guy comes in and shoots some a mother and daughter (who manage to survive, pretty sure that wasn't his intent), and an armed civilian puts his ass down. At the absolute least he saved taxpayers from having to shelter the pricks sorry ass. At the other end he prevented the guy from causing future harm. It sucks for the victims obviously, but they're going to survive. Lots of victims can't say that.

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

The only issue I have with any of this is that the gun rights narrative is solely focused on gun rights, not freedom in an absolute sense. 

like the freedom to go to a public place without being mowed down by someone with a military style assault rifle?

1 minute ago, red321 said:

like the freedom to go to a public place without being mowed down by someone with a military style assault rifle?

We protect that freedom the best way we can by making mowing people down with military assault rifles illegal. 

18 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Correct, but you were certain of your position.

On something that cannot be known at this point.

My entire position has been that the guy wasn’t stopped.  And he wasn’t.  There’s isn’t any evidence in this story to assume he would have carried on.  No, I can’t say it with 100% certainty.  But that doesn’t invalidate what I’ve been saying.  Gun people love to talk about how good guys with guns stop bad guys.  Once again, that position has proven to be bullshit. 

54 minutes ago, red321 said:

Interesting psychology here as a means of persuasion. I wonder intentional or not.  Regardless. Would you feel better if it was with 5 pistols and Nate's shotgun?

13 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

My entire position has been that the guy wasn’t stopped.  And he wasn’t.  There’s isn’t any evidence in this story to assume he would have carried on.  No, I can’t say it with 100% certainty.  But that doesn’t invalidate what I’ve been saying.  Gun people love to talk about how good guys with guns stop bad guys.  Once again, that position has proven to be bullshit. 

I guess we should all just sit back and take it if someone starts shooting, since once they have shot someone they won't be "stopped".