• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

More Thoughts & Prayers

19 hours ago, RallyMo said:

Damn. Thomas Jefferson did many great things, ended up being President and yet he didn't even know what the proper definition of "all" happened to be?

Honestly, that's pretty shocking, but you can't argue with history.

Pfft. Jefferson even didn't use the pull out method.

4 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

You just don't get it.

I don't yell at the kids personally, I yell at the idiots who put them in these positions. Putting crying children on TV to push a political agenda is dirty, because when you put thousands of them out there, they have to be fair game to fire back at. Then you get labeled as a soulless prick who wants to attack children.

Do you really think these kids have all their political views sorted out before they even graduate high school? A lot of them will probably look back and wish they hadn't said certain things, or pushed a certain policy.

No, but I think they have had their innocence ripped from them, seeing their classmates slaughtered, having to attend funerals and seeing grievance counselors all the while the adults play a child's game wanting their way regardless of the consequences to others. Their movement will die out and then in a couple months it will be wash, rinse, repeat while nothing gets done. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Their problem is also that they're the shooters.

Well the the focus right now is schools but these kids should should be focusing on all of these mass shootings if they truly care (which i believe they do).

We're just six months shy of a middle aged adult causing over 750 casualties but we don't hear a lot about that anymore. 

39 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

@Make Angels Great Again, you're being such an unbelievably obtuse asshole in this thread that @Blarg is ripping you a new one. Stop being an asshole.

Ha,

Well you're the first one to call someone in asshole here, so...come again?

And in case you haven't noticed, everybody is pretty hostile towards me here so forgive me if I return the favor sometimes.

46 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Well the the focus right now is schools but these kids should should be focusing on all of these mass shootings if they truly care (which i believe they do).

We're just six months shy of a middle aged adult causing over 750 casualties but we don't hear a lot about that anymore. 

I think some of these kids truly have their hearts in this movement.  Others I think are riding the wave.  There's nothing wrong with either.  Teenagers get passionate about stuff and teenagers are often joiners. 

All that said, one of the interesting stats that I heard this morning was that only 10% of this weekends crowds were 18 years old or younger.  I think that says a lot.  One of the biggest talking points you heard this weekend was, "Look what these kids are doing!"  Well, only 1 in 10 of them were "these kids." 

We'll see what happens.  Hopefully their efforts will lead to all guns being banned and then they can turn their attention to cars.   (Assuming we can pull them away from playing Fortnight)

57 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

@Make Angels Great Again, you're being such an unbelievably obtuse asshole in this thread that @Blarg is ripping you a new one. Stop being an asshole.

Also for good measure, I don't think i'm getting "destroyed." Here, i'll show you.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

No, but I think they have had their innocence ripped from them, seeing their classmates slaughtered, having to attend funerals and seeing grievance counselors all the while the adults play a child's game wanting their way regardless of the consequences to others. Their movement will die out and then in a couple months it will be wash, rinse, repeat while nothing gets done. 

Experiencing tragedy doesn't make one an expert on anything, if anything it can actually cloud your thinking and ability to rationalize.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Children should be seen and not heard, even if they are sitting in a pool of their best friends blood. ~ MAGA

Notice how i've never actually addressed the substance of the kids politics? The gun debate has been running ad nauseam, there's nothing new here. I'm simply saying that utilizing children for your political arguments is a shitty strategy. I thought that was pretty clear.

49 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Also for good measure, I don't think i'm getting "destroyed." Here, i'll show you.

Experiencing tragedy doesn't make one an expert on anything, if anything it can actually cloud your thinking and ability to rationalize.

Notice how i've never actually addressed the substance of the kids politics? The gun debate has been running ad nauseam, there's nothing new here. I'm simply saying that utilizing children for your political arguments is a shitty strategy. I thought that was pretty clear.

TLDR: "My name is MAGA and I'm playing the part of an asshole on this thread."

I like the idea that the students want to be directly involved with an issue that affects them so personally. I'm not so keen that they've latched onto the idea of gun control as their solution. Easy to bitch about what others should be giving up without actually considering any actions they could take to protect themselves

7 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I like the idea that the students want to be directly involved with an issue that affects them so personally. I'm not so keen that they've latched onto the idea of gun control as their solution. Easy to bitch about what others should be giving up without actually considering any actions they could take to protect themselves

The students have zero power to protect themselves in an environment completely controlled by adults. 

11 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Easy to bitch about having to give up your toys when you aren’t the one going to your classmates funerals. 

The problem here, Red, is it is an insignificantly small portion of society trying to force their demands on 350 million other members of society that are either not in favor of change or really don't give enough of a rats ass. The numbers for gun ownership is just too high of a hurdle no matter how many kids get mowed down. Legislatively you are not going to disarm America. 

21 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

The left wing establishmentTrump has literally given these teenagerswhite nationalists a platform with a megaphone to scream their views and pander to fragile emotions.

It's really something, there's no low that you won't stoop to.

Agreed.

16 hours ago, Blarg said:

Blarg, quit using children to pander to our fragile emotions.

22 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The problem here, Red, is it is an insignificantly small portion of society trying to force their demands on 350 million other members of society that are either not in favor of change or really don't give enough of a rats ass. The numbers for gun ownership is just too high of a hurdle no matter how many kids get mowed down. Legislatively you are not going to disarm America. 

Insignificantly small? I think the percentage of people who would like to see additional gun control measures is pretty significant.