• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

More Thoughts & Prayers

10 hours ago, calscuf said:

Here’s an interesting question:  let’s say that the shooter did, as MAGA said, miss the human targets and instead shot out a lightbulb.

How many MAGAs would it take to replace said lightbulb?

Five.

One to change the light bulb and four to take position for covering fire. 

Why is there this assumption that if he had a rifle it would have been different?  The man that stopped him was a trained professional, there is no reason to assume he would have been killed or avoided the exchange simply becasue the young person was carrying a different or stronger weapon.  In all likelihood it plays out the same way.  

5 hours ago, floplag said:

Why is there this assumption that if he had a rifle it would have been different?  The man that stopped him was a trained professional, there is no reason to assume he would have been killed or avoided the exchange simply becasue the young person was carrying a different or stronger weapon.  In all likelihood it plays out the same way.  

Yea I don't get the assumption either, I mean if the guy had a rocket launcher I wouldn't have expected the result to have been any different either. Pretty sure if the young untrained kid was driving a tank the result would have been the same too.  

9 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

Yea I don't get the assumption either, I mean if the guy had a rocket launcher I wouldn't have expected the result to have been any different either. Pretty sure if the young untrained kid was driving a tank the result would have been the same too.  

thats asinine !

25 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

fairly sure thats sarcasm, hard to tell around here these days but ill assume it is.  Regardless im not making that argument at all.  If he had a bomb, a bazooka, or some other things far more destructive than a gun of course it likely changes the situation.  
But in this case whether or not the kid had a handgun or a rifle doesn't likely change the action of the security officer, thus the outcome remains more than likely the same. 

Running around aiming a long rifle and running around aiming a pistol are two very different methods. Automatically assuming the kid would be the same at both just shows a lack of intelligence.

18 hours ago, tennischmp said:

Then this is just a lack of intelligence in general.

Rick Santorum going out of his way to prove that yes indeed, he is the frothy byproduct of lube and shit

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/03/26/doctors-assure-rick-santorum-learning-cpr-wont-save-mass-shooting-victims/?utm_term=.a647a7bf0119

“How about kids, instead of looking to someone else to solve their problem, do something about maybe taking CPR classes or trying to deal with situations where there is a violent shooter and you can actually respond to that?”

8 minutes ago, red321 said:

Rick Santorum going out of his way to prove that yes indeed, he is the frothy byproduct of lube and shit

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/03/26/doctors-assure-rick-santorum-learning-cpr-wont-save-mass-shooting-victims/?utm_term=.a647a7bf0119

“How about kids, instead of looking to someone else to solve their problem, do something about maybe taking CPR classes or trying to deal with situations where there is a violent shooter and you can actually respond to that?”

a dumb comment.  Something like "I would like to see these kids also make real life differences by taking CPR or working suicide prevention lines"   He isn't wrong about looking to the government though.

It really should be the last choice for reform.

If more people had learned CPR, 911 wouldn't have has such tragic consequences.  ~ Rick Santorum 

If more people had learned CPR, the Titanic would not have had so many people that drowned.  ~ Rick Santorum 

If more people had learned CPR, the Holacust wouldn't have happened. ~ Rick Santorum 

This dude could become an epic meme generator. 

Edited by Blarg

38 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

This is the problem with the left using kids to push their agenda. Now they become targets.

Good job morons.

If I understand your..."point"

It's the left's fault that these kids who have been directly impacted by a school shooting (one of approximately 185,000 (edit: kids) since Columbine) and decided enough was enough and organized protests because people like Rick Santorum, Steve King, and the fever swamps of the right can't help themselves and therefore end up saying monumentally stupid stuff?

Edited by red321

18 minutes ago, red321 said:

If I understand your..."point"

It's the left's fault that these kids who have been directly impacted by a school shooting (one of approximately 185,000 (edit: kids) since Columbine) and decided enough was enough and organized protests because people like Rick Santorum, Steve King, and the fever swamps of the right can't help themselves and therefore end up saying monumentally stupid stuff?

The left wing establishment has literally given these teenagers a platform with a megaphone to scream their views and pander to fragile emotions.

It's really something, there's no low that you won't stoop to.

4 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

The left wing establishment has literally given these teenagers a platform with a megaphone to scream their views and pander to fragile emotions.

It's really something, there's no low that you won't stoop to.

So your answer is yes...the fever swamps of the right is so filled with stupidity and hatred they can't stop themselves from yelling at kids who are protesting being targets at school shootings.

17 minutes ago, red321 said:

So your answer is yes...the fever swamps of the right is so filled with stupidity and hatred they can't stop themselves from yelling at kids who are protesting being targets at school shootings.

This back and forth is cute.  I think what these kids are doing is fine but as far as accomplishing anything..........

I would rather them step up as individuals and make a difference in their communities.  The easiest thing to do is to ask someone else to fix your problem.

20 minutes ago, red321 said:

You just don't get it.

I don't yell at the kids personally, I yell at the idiots who put them in these positions. Putting crying children on TV to push a political agenda is dirty, because when you put thousands of them out there, they have to be fair game to fire back at. Then you get labeled as a soulless prick who wants to attack children.

Do you really think these kids have all their political views sorted out before they even graduate high school? A lot of them will probably look back and wish they hadn't said certain things, or pushed a certain policy.

10 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

This back and forth is cute.  I think what these kids are doing is fine but as far as accomplishing anything..........

I would rather them step up as individuals and make a difference in their communities.  The easiest thing to do is to ask someone else to fix your problem.

The problem is they are getting gunned down in school. How is it they are passing the buck on this?

This isn't like they are protesting shitty corn dogs in the cafeteria. Seriously...please tell me...how do you expect high school kids who now get to practice active shooter drills and it's being suggested they learn CPR so they can try and revive their classmates mowed down in school...you don't think them stating enough is enough makes a difference? You think it's asking someone else to fix their problem?

Again...their problem is they are targets.

So far these kids, who called bs on politicians, are responsible for getting the Florida legislature to pass some additional gun control measures and at least indirectly had a provision added to the latest budget to take the handcuffs off the CDCs ability to research gun violence. It also seems like they have significantly changed the dynamic of the gun debate, at least for the time being.

Certainly seems to me that they have made their communities better, even if just a little bit.

1 minute ago, red321 said:

The problem is they are getting gunned down in school. How is it they are passing the buck on this?

This isn't like they are protesting shitty corn dogs in the cafeteria. Seriously...please tell me...how do you expect high school kids who now get to practice active shooter drills and it's being suggested they learn CPR so they can try and revive their classmates mowed down in school...you don't think them stating enough is enough makes a difference? You think it's asking someone else to fix their problem?

Again...their problem is they are targets.

So far these kids, who called bs on politicians, are responsible for getting the Florida legislature to pass some additional gun control measures and at least indirectly had a provision added to the latest budget to take the handcuffs off the CDCs ability to research gun violence. It also seems like they have significantly changed the dynamic of the gun debate, at least for the time being.

Certainly seems to me that they have made their communities better, even if just a little bit.

Like I said, I am fine with them marching.  But kids aren't just randomly going in and shooting other kids.  As warped and disgusting as they are, they have reasons.

I would like to see a lot of these kids being part of anti-bullying campaigns.  Not just LBTQ but all types of bullying.  From weak kids, to kids on the spectrum, to kids who don't fit in.  There is a lot of that going on.  To make a difference in their own schools is what will really count.

I have done the protesting thing, and I have done the local community thing.  The second one is by far the best way to make a difference.  

59 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

You just don't get it.

I don't yell at the kids personally, I yell at the idiots who put them in these positions. Putting crying children on TV to push a political agenda is dirty, because when you put thousands of them out there, they have to be fair game to fire back at. Then you get labeled as a soulless prick who wants to attack children.

Do you really think these kids have all their political views sorted out before they even graduate high school? A lot of them will probably look back and wish they hadn't said certain things, or pushed a certain policy.

No, I do get it. Vietnam war protests were driven by high school and college kids. Freedom marches and registering to vote in the deep south was done by younger kids from the north. The idea that just because someone is young that what they have to say is somehow scripted by others, or not important, is short sighted and imbecilic.

You don't want to be accused of attacking them? Fine...stop attacking them personally. Stop trying to frame them as crisis actors or telling them they are stupid and wasting their time. Engage them. Fair game to fire back? If your only strategy is to "fire back" at them with personal attacks, lies, and conspiracy theories maybe the issue isn't them, but you and your position.

Maybe it's tough for folks on the right whose idea of protest seems to be carrying around firearms in order to intimidate others from speaking out or rallies carrying garden torches and chanting nazi slogans to understand that not every protest is organized by outside organizations (you know, like Russian hackers and the spontaneous 'rallies' they organized on the right).

I think these kids, 185,000+ of them since Columbine...and millions of more who now think about things we never considered when we went to school...have decided they are tired about being targets. I'm willing to bet a lot more of them are going to look back and say...jesus christ are parents and grandparents were fucking assholes for making us go through that shit.

Edited by red321

34 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Like I said, I am fine with them marching.  But kids aren't just randomly going in and shooting other kids.  As warped and disgusting as they are, they have reasons.

I would like to see a lot of these kids being part of anti-bullying campaigns.  Not just LBTQ but all types of bullying.  From weak kids, to kids on the spectrum, to kids who don't fit in.  There is a lot of that going on.  To make a difference in their own schools is what will really count.

I have done the protesting thing, and I have done the local community thing.  The second one is by far the best way to make a difference.  

I can't argue that mt...I do think you bring up a valid point and I would hope a byproduct of this would younger people (and people of all ages) being more willing to actively work in their community, on a variety of issue.

Some of these kids are damn impressive and have already learned each and every one of them can make a difference. That's a powerful thing.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

If more people had learned CPR, 911 wouldn't have has such tragic consequences.  ~ Rick Santorum 

If more people had learned CPR, the Titanic would not have had so many people that drowned.  ~ Rick Santorum 

If more people had learned CPR, the Holacust wouldn't have happened. ~ Rick Santorum 

This dude could become an epic meme generator. 

Didn't Trump call him Stupid Rick or something. He may have finally been on to something.

15 minutes ago, red321 said:

Maybe it's tough for folks on the right whose idea of protest seems to be carrying around firearms in order to intimidate others from speaking out or rallies carrying garden torches and chanting nazi slogans to understand that not every protest is organized by outside organizations (you know, like Russian hackers and the spontaneous 'rallies' they organized on the right).

Is it even possible in the era of social media and 24/7 news, let alone external manipulators, for a political movement over the count the participant count of 10 to not to be usurped by outside political forces?  The past few years have shown that there is an abundance of motivation to do so and the means to do so. Would you wager the ownership of your house for even odds that this has remained the case? We can't even be assured that parties like the Russians would exclusively act on behalf of the right since their intent is to sow discord, not necessarily to play king maker. It would be the equivalent of lighting only one side of the political bonfire.