• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

More Thoughts & Prayers

18 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

This isn't anything to celebrate.  2 kids are shot, 1 kid is dead and one adult has to live the rest of his life knowing he took a kids life. (even if it was the right thing to do)

Except that only the shooter is dead. That's kind of the best outcome in an active shooter incident. Yeah, this does suck for all who witnessed it or were around it. Easily can cause PTSD. Hopefully the school and local agencies are quick to help with that

19 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

This isn't anything to celebrate.  2 kids are shot, 1 kid is dead and one adult has to live the rest of his life knowing he took a kids life. (even if it was the right thing to do)

Yes, it is, how many more might have been had he not acted?  How many could have been saved in the FLA deputies had the same courage?
Dont belittle this mans actions please. 
Yes im sure it sucks to know he killed the kid, but he can take solace in those he saved, thats a lot more on the right side of the ledger.   He did his duty.  

Just now, floplag said:

Yes, it is, how many more might have been had he not acted?  How many could have been saved in the FLA deputies had the same courage?
Yes im sure it sucks to know he killed the kid, but he can take solace in those he saved, thats a lot more on the right side of the ledger.   He did his duty.  

That would suck but he is also a member of their SWAT team. I'm guessing probably former military too. Sadly, he can probably handle it. 

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

If you think a dead kid is something to celebrate...............  

30 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

If you think people are just celebrating a dead kid you're insane. Holy shit...seriously?

The heroic actions of the officer are what are celebrated, which saved INNOCENT lives.

Sure sounded like you were excited about the whole thing.

it’s good that someone was able to intervene.  Still a disaster that we’ve had yet another shooting.  2 children were shot and wounded.  Another one was doing the shooting and was killed.  This isn’t a successful case study. 

Has anyone argued against school resource officers ? Increasing the number of them ?  I’ve not seen that. 

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

it’s good that someone was able to intervene.  Still a disaster that we’ve had yet another shooting.  2 children were shot and wounded.  Another one was doing the shooting and was killed.  This isn’t a successful case study. 

Has anyone argued against school resource officers ? Increasing the number of them ?  I’ve not seen that. 

Zero innocents died and it's not successful? WTF do you guys expect out of a situation like this?

For the record i'm not against increased security, however I do realize that it will have other detrimental effects with kids on campuses. The officer/student relationship in our current society is not a good one.

2 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

If you think a dead kid is something to celebrate...............  

No, but I think a bunch of live one that might have been dead if he hadnt acted are, dont you?  
If i have to chose between the guy who brought a gun to kill someone else over the ones he came to kill, ill choose the innocent ones every time over the one intendeing to harm them, regardless of age.  

9 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Zero innocents died and it's not successful? WTF do you guys expect out of a situation like this?

For the record i'm not against increased security, however I do realize that it will have other detrimental effects with kids on campuses. The officer/student relationship in our current society is not a good one.

Sorry.  High standards here <rolls eyes>.  Success is not having a kid get shot at school.  The kids were shot.  They easily could have been killed.  It just so happened that they were not.  It’s good no one innocent died.  Its tragic that a twisted kid was able to get his hands on a fire arm and did.   Wouldn’t it be awful if one of these shot kids ends up in a wheel chair for life or something.  Certainly a possibility.  Hopefully not the case.  Still, my point is that  it is a mess. 

All around a fucking disaster. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

No, but I think a bunch of live one that might have been dead if he hadnt acted are, dont you?  
If i have to chose between the guy who brought a gun to kill someone else over the ones he came to kill, ill choose the innocent ones every time over the one intendeing to harm them, regardless of age.  

Interesting.  Personally, I'm more 60/40 on this issue.

5 minutes ago, floplag said:

This is just fucking obtuse, it really is.  You cant see past your own bullshit to tell the difference?  really? 

Haha.  Your first response to this is jubilation about a resource officer shooting an armed child . And then complaining that the media won’t cover that properly.  

Whos the one stuck on bullshit again ?

Imagine if your kid goes to the school, and you hear that there's a shooting at the school. I know if I were in that position i'd shit my pants. That's a fact.

Hearing that an officer put him down within a minute before he could take anyone's life would be the biggest relief I could possibly imagine.

The officer should get a damn medal.

47 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Haha.  Your first response to this is jubilation about a resource officer shooting an armed child . And then complaining that the media won’t cover that properly.  

Whos the one stuck on bullshit again ?

and thats somehow even remotely the same as accusing people of being jubilant over a death of a child when that wasnt even close to a factual statement?  

Noone was jubilant, ever.  your just doubling down on asinine statements now. 
I was praising the man who took action, and saved lives... how you got anywhere in the ballpark of you accusations if the most nonsensical crap ive ever read.  

48 minutes ago, the dude abides said:

Interesting.  Personally, I'm more 60/40 on this issue.

You're entitled to that.
Someone was going to die, thats nearly a given, these people arent getting talked down, they arent standing down to the authorities they are going out in their blaze of glory to get their 15 minutes. . 
Its comes down to this, who would you rather it be?   Them, or the innocents?

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don't think so but the left would rather ban guns than increase school security. Maybe I'm wrong but I haven't seen anything from the left that doesn't focus on more gun regulations. Take a look a t Maryland's handgun requirements. I'm pretty certain they are the most stringent in the country and it did nothing in this case. It took and armed officer to prevent a mass shooting. 

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't think so but the left would rather ban guns than increase school security. Maybe I'm wrong but I haven't seen anything from the left that doesn't focus on more gun regulations. Take a look a t Maryland's handgun requirements. I'm pretty certain they are the most stringent in the country and it did nothing in this case. It took and armed officer to prevent a mass shooting. 

Thats just not true.  Very, very few people want to “ban guns” and I can’t think of any democrat policy maker that has stood in the way of increasing security including having armed qualified guards.  The focus is on gun regulation because philosophically the belief is that we have a problem with unhinged gun proliferation.  Again,  here we go with blaming gun laws for failing to stop an incident.  There won’t ever be 100% certainty on this.  It doesn’t diminish the value of or the need for the laws.  It’s good that the guy was there to limit the damage.  But i’d point out that as much as you want to reference the armed guard stopping it.  In an equal way his presence did nothing to deter the kid.  Who was successful in shooting several people.  We can go round and round on this.  So far neither sides tactics have proven effective.  There is quantifiable data that suggests that strong gun restrictions have a positive impact tho. 

Edited by UndertheHalo