• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

More Thoughts & Prayers

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

What I think is the dumbest argument is that Democrats don't own or use firearns only Republicans do. I have several co-workers that are staunch Democrats at the voting booth but own firearms, a couple actually go hunting. 

We leave no room to be in the middle ground of this argument of untethered rghts to own weapons and those that demand they be confiscated. That huge majority of Americans that want a practical working agreement gets shouted down by both sides. 

Well that is a great argument against another argument I have never heard anyone use.  But congrats.

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

One thing i think we can all agree on is that our piece of shit background check system needs some serious work when it comes to buying a gun.

It's less the system than it it is the local jurisdictions and the way they report (or don't report) things that would make a difference. 

5 hours ago, Adam said:

They don't make laws. They're not elected officials. Congress doesn't need them to do studies on gun violence. They push an agenda just like the abortion people, the union people, the pharma people, the drone people, the coal people, the oil people, et al. This is how democracy works. Voters elect people and those people sell their souls. 

Yes, but have you heard of any podcasts about the coal people lately? 

I didn't think so.

On February 26, 2018 at 9:37 AM, UndertheHalo said:

high profile people deal with different challenges then regular people  including, being targeted by criminals, stalkers etc.  why does this need to be explained to you in detail ?  its fucking obvious

No, it's not.

I would argue more regular people (children included) are targeted, stalked, etc. in a week than celebrities in a year. 

Yes, the second amendment guarantees the right to bear arms. The argument is to what extent, and those arguments are largely based on how one interprets semantics.

You can have all the guns you want (technically, "arms"). However, the second amendment says nothing about the right to ammo.

We should tax the shit out of ammo (or, to use a preferred phrase of the right, charge a "user fee"). For every round of ammo you buy, you pay an extra $100 in fees. Those fees can go to toward free gun safety classes (for those who still buy ammo), providing housing and job training to homeless vets, etc.

That will probably do away with the 30-round clips, unless you just want to light an extra $3 grand on fire.

I believe this solution will not violate the letter of the second amendment, but it just might end these mass shootings.