• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

More Thoughts & Prayers

1 hour ago, floplag said:

and you still have ostrich syndrome about these shooting and cant see past the event to the causes.  

That’s funny.  You ought to self diagnose.  You seem to suffer from an extremely severe case of “ostrich syndrome” yourself. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

On 3/30/2018 at 8:47 AM, UndertheHalo said:

That’s funny.  You ought to self diagnose.  You seem to suffer from an extremely severe case of “ostrich syndrome” yourself. 

And how is that exactly when i seem to be the only one in this thread suggesting more than gun control is needed?   
You have a singular mind and purpose, a narrow frame of mind, that will in the end likely solve nothing without addressing other concerns.  
youre a smart person, you need to learn to look past partisan agendas

1 hour ago, floplag said:

And how is that exactly when i seem to be the only one in this thread suggesting more than gun control is needed?   
You have a singular mind and purpose, a narrow frame of mind, that will in the end likely solve nothing without addressing other concerns.  
youre a smart person, you need to learn to look past partisan agendas

Except I don’t, I’ve said many times all over this board that it’s complicated problem that should feature a diverse number of solutions.  I happen to think our cultural obsession with guns plays a significant role in making bad situations far worse.  

I think you’re a sharp guy as well.  But you categorically refuse to acknowledge the role that easy access to fire arms plays in all this.  A few pages back you were objecting to the idea that the kid Maryland would have likely done more damage with an AR-15.  It’s an  outrageous suspension of common sense.  As you say “ostrich syndrome” 

you even try and deflect into a mental health argument but then when it comes up that we shouldn’t let people who are so mentally disturbed that they can’t hold down a job have guns you fall over yourself in contradiction.  The bottom line is that you have a strong ideological position in support of the 2nd amendment and you won’t see any arguments against that position period. No matter what evidence is presented to you.  I’ve pointed out data supporting the idea that gun control laws in California have reduced gun violence.  Your response is that you don’t believe it.  There’s no discussion to be had with you on this. It’s fine that you believe what you believe but don’t pretend that you’re more open minded then others here. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

I don't know if you've noticed but both of you are spending your time describing each other's faults but have not presented any solutions. 

And this is why we will be returning to this same discussion in six months.

28 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Except I don’t, I’ve said many times all over this board that it’s complicated problem that should feature a diverse number of solutions.  I happen to think our cultural obsession with guns plays a significant role in making bad situations far worse.  

I think you’re a sharp guy as well.  But you categorically refuse to acknowledge the role that easy access to fire arms plays in all this.  A few pages back you were objecting to the idea that the kid Maryland would have likely done more damage with an AR-15.  It’s an  outrageous suspension of common sense.  As you say “ostrich syndrome” 

you even try and deflect into a mental health argument but then when it comes up that we shouldn’t let people who are so mentally disturbed that they can’t hold down a job have guns you fall over yourself in contradiction.  The bottom line is that you have a strong ideological position in support of the 2nd amendment and you won’t see any arguments against that position period. No matter what evidence is presented to you.  I’ve pointed out data supporting the idea that gun control laws in California have reduced gun violence.  Your response is that you don’t believe it.  There’s no discussion to be had with you on this. It’s fine that you believe what you believe but don’t pretend that you’re more open minded then others here. 

No, i dont refuse that at all, ive said many times i support common sense laws and restrictions for those with proven history.   Being in CA we have perhaps the most restrictive anywhere in the nation, it hasnt stopped anything. 
And also no i didnt say that the different weapon wouldnt have mattered, i said the outcome wouldnt have likely changed.  There isnt any guarntee he was as skilled with either or both and regardless the officer likely still takes him down, thus no change.  
and again no, i dont deflect on mental health, we simply dont agree on what that means.  You think ANY mental issue disqualifies, i think they have to have shown themselves to be violent.  
I simply dont think the laser focus on guns and guns alone is the answer, as ive said many times.  Its all anyone talks about here, we being Californians should know better. 
Please, dont misrepresent me.

1 hour ago, LHalo said:

Which one of the resident libs on here said that people don't defend their homes with AR-15's? Tell that to this idiot grandpa.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/04/02/grandfather-of-oklahoma-teen-killed-by-homeowner-in-burglary-says-ar15-made-for-unfair-fight

Exactly. It’s not supposed to be a fair fight when it comes to self defense. Also this guy doesn’t understand what brass knuckles can do

• 2 weeks later...

i hope the dad is fully prosecuted as an accomplice.

3:25 am is rather odd time of day to do one of these. wonder what made him choose such an early morning time? or what he was so pissed about that made him want to randomly shoot people eating breakfast? or why he was naked? maybe all three have the same answer. 

images-1.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Tank said:

i hope the dad is fully prosecuted as an accomplice.

3:25 am is rather odd time of day to do one of these. wonder what made him choose such an early morning time? or what he was so pissed about that made him want to randomly shoot people eating breakfast? or why he was naked? maybe all three have the same answer. 

images-1.jpeg

He doesn't sound like a normal functioning, well adjusted human being.  This time the FBI and the system did the job but dad fucked it up. Yes, he should prosecuted just like someone making a straw purchase