• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

More Thoughts & Prayers

21 hours ago, red321 said:

So your answer is yes...the fever swamps of the right is so filled with stupidity and hatred they can't stop themselves from yelling at kids who are protesting being targets at school shootings.

Define irony.... citing hatred of the other side while referring to fever swamps of the right.... lol 
This is in a nutshell why i cant take liberal extremists seriously.  Claiming the higher moral ground accusing the other sice of hatred all while insulting and degrading them.  
Dont get me wrong i dont take the right seriously either if all youve got is the bible and bullshit "conservative morality", but this level of liberal hypocrisy is just beyond laughable at this point .
You cant preach tolerance if you dont have any.  

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

The students have zero power to protect themselves in an environment completely controlled by adults. 

Of course its controlled by the adults, as it should be, but these are not the kind of adults that are equipped to handle these events.  
Given the situation, what power do the adults even have to protect themselves? 
Schools are not secure zones, never have been, they are designed at best to keep kids in, not keep anyone out.    Its part of the reason they are targeted by these cowards, combined with the fact that its likely where most of their stressers are.  

2 hours ago, red321 said:

Insignificantly small? I think the percentage of people who would like to see additional gun control measures is pretty significant. 

Insignificantly small is the victims of gun violence to population as a whole. They are asking for more than society wants to give away without any quantative measure of prevention of the same occurance happening again.

A small portion of society wants a complete ban of any firearms, they are sumarily ignored and should be. 

A larger proportion of society would like to see more sensible restrictions, these are still a minority that cannot move the legislative branch against the money interests behind blocking those restraints. 

Yes, it is asinine we can't find something that works for such a large population. 

43 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Insignificantly small is the victims of gun violence to population as a whole. They are asking for more than society wants to give away without any quantative measure of prevention of the same occurance happening again.

A small portion of society wants a complete ban of any firearms, they are sumarily ignored and should be. 

A larger proportion of society would like to see more sensible restrictions, these are still a minority that cannot move the legislative branch against the money interests behind blocking those restraints. 

Yes, it is asinine we can't find something that works for such a large population. 

Gotcha. Thanks for clarification

13 hours ago, Rico said:

Like what?

I believe Arch has stated a few times that it’s ridiculous that a former student  can just stroll into a school with a rifle and multiple magazines on him. That doesn’t even qualify as minimum security 

31 minutes ago, Jason said:

I believe Arch has stated a few times that it’s ridiculous that a former student  can just stroll into a school with a rifle and multiple magazines on him. That doesn’t even qualify as minimum security 

Schools are not security installations, why would they have been traditionally?  
For that matter why would they be even today?  how many have ever had such incidents percentage wise? 
For petes sake they are having teacher buy school supplies and kleenex, how are they going to secure them without funds?  Most cant even afford a security officer.  They dont have the budget for such things. 

1 hour ago, floplag said:

Schools are not security installations, why would they have been traditionally?  
For that matter why would they be even today?  how many have ever had such incidents percentage wise? 
For petes sake they are having teacher buy school supplies and kleenex, how are they going to secure them without funds?  Most cant even afford a security officer.  They dont have the budget for such things. 

I agree. The whole school mass shooting thing is an extremely rare event. Even though they are security installations a person who shouldn’t be there should not be able to just walk in. That is a problem

12 hours ago, Jason said:

I agree. The whole school mass shooting thing is an extremely rare event. Even though they are security installations a person who shouldn’t be there should not be able to just walk in. That is a problem

Perhaps, but why would they not be?  People walk into schools all the time,  they are designed to keep the kids in (due to liability no more open campus) not keep people out. 
If you intend to make them secure facilities then thats a large paradigm shift.   
For me i would rather see schools putting money into actually teaching, education, over test taking for grant money and actually do thier intended purpose without this irrational fear. 

I love that the kids are speaking up. They're absolutely correct that the adults have again and again dropped the ball in a variety of ways on this gigantic issue, so their voice has huge importanc. For them to March, protest, and speak is terrific, and I'm glad that they're taking the approach of the tail wagging the dog.

the status quo isn't working and they realize it. The adults continue to sit on their collective thumbs and the kids are saying that this is no longer acceptable. 

9 hours ago, Tank said:

I love that the kids are speaking up. They're absolutely correct that the adults have again and again dropped the ball in a variety of ways on this gigantic issue, so their voice has huge importanc. For them to March, protest, and speak is terrific, and I'm glad that they're taking the approach of the tail wagging the dog.

the status quo isn't working and they realize it. The adults continue to sit on their collective thumbs and the kids are saying that this is no longer acceptable. 

Less than 10% of the people at the marches were 18 or under.  Less than 10%.  Adults are speaking out.  A lot of adults are giving a smaller number of kids a mic and a platform/camera. 

Good on the kids for speaking out.  Use your words, kids.  I don't even care what they're speaking out about.  Pro gun, anti gun, pro drug, anti bullying ... whatever.  But don't make it out like they're doing more than they actually are.

47 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Less than 10% of the people at the marches were 18 or under.  Less than 10%.  Adults are speaking out.  A lot of adults are giving a smaller number of kids a mic and a platform/camera. 

Good on the kids for speaking out.  Use your words, kids.  I don't even care what they're speaking out about.  Pro gun, anti gun, pro drug, anti bullying ... whatever.  But don't make it out like they're doing more than they actually are.

From what ive read add to that that less then half were there about guns, and almost 90% were Hillary voters. 
Like everything else it comes down to anger over Trump and the Dems loss, end of story.  

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

I don't care a lot about the percentages, TBH. Kids held the rally at Douglass High in Florida, giving very passionate speeches. Kids walked out of classes for 17 minutes. Kids, the ones most dramatically affected by the plethora (thank you, El Guapo!) are adding their voices to this, and that's what I like about what I've seen. 

There is absolutely a cautionary tale here that there are adults trying to manipulate them into a specific script, and they need to be extremely cautious about getting so emotionally caught up Inc all of this that THEIR voice doesn't get manipulated or lost - some will argue that's already happened. From the limited amount I saw of Saturday's rally, one speaker emphasized that they weren't looking to ban all weapons, and I was relieved to see that.

theres definitely a fine line for the kids to walk here.

54 minutes ago, Tank said:

I don't care a lot about the percentages, TBH. Kids held the rally at Douglass High in Florida, giving very passionate speeches. Kids walked out of classes for 17 minutes. Kids, the ones most dramatically affected by the plethora (thank you, El Guapo!) are adding their voices to this, and that's what I like about what I've seen. 

There is absolutely a cautionary tale here that there are adults trying to manipulate them into a specific script, and they need to be extremely cautious about getting so emotionally caught up Inc all of this that THEIR voice doesn't get manipulated or lost - some will argue that's already happened. From the limited amount I saw of Saturday's rally, one speaker emphasized that they weren't looking to ban all weapons, and I was relieved to see that.

theres definitely a fine line for the kids to walk here.

Like I said, I think it's great anytime kids step up and speak out on whatever they're passionate about.  This is no different.

I'm just pointing out that "the movement" that keeps being referred to is primarily being driven by adults and media members that agree with their message.

11 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Like I said, I think it's great anytime kids step up and speak out on whatever they're passionate about.  This is no different.

I'm just pointing out that "the movement" that keeps being referred to is primarily being driven by adults and media members that agree with their message.

My issue is what is the message? 
Its obvious what they claim it is but you cant just say common sense laws in needs details.  To most that means repeal 2A.  its vague.  
For even more it isnt even about gun, or schools, or anything else they are just protesting to protest it seems, whatever the cause of the day is.  swapping out pussy hats for gun or clear backpacks or whatever. 
Where was any of this under Obama?  it isnt like these things didnt happen. 
In the end it just comes back to anger over Trump, bitterness over Hillary, and much ado about literally nothing.  
In the last years its been one veiled misdirection after another all with the same goal, depose the president.  
I dont like the man, but man at what point are we going to make an effort to be a country again?   
Half of us need to realize that the other half didnt agree.   The popular vote was virtually even pending what you believe conspiracy wise but within a couple mil regardless, we are divided almost down the middle.  Yet one side acts as though they have the moral right to degrade the rest, thats just silly. 

4 hours ago, floplag said:

Its obvious what they claim it is but you cant just say common sense laws in needs details.  To most that means repeal 2A.  its vague.  
For even more it isnt even about gun, or schools, or anything else they are just protesting to protest it seems, whatever the cause of the day is.  swapping out pussy hats for gun or clear backpacks or whatever. 
Where was any of this under Obama?  it isnt like these things didnt happen. 
In the end it just comes back to anger over Trump, bitterness over Hillary, and much ado about literally nothing.  
In the last years its been one veiled misdirection after another all with the same goal, depose the president.  
I dont like the man, but man at what point are we going to make an effort to be a country again?   
Half of us need to realize that the other half didnt agree.   The popular vote was virtually even pending what you believe conspiracy wise but within a couple mil regardless, we are divided almost down the middle.  Yet one side acts as though they have the moral right to degrade the rest, thats just silly. 

I'm too lazy to do an Emperor Palpatine search, but this is where the image and text about anger would go.

12 hours ago, floplag said:

you completely lost me with this.

7 hours ago, floplag said:

Lazy being the operative word if thats all you got from it i guess.  Must be a day that ends in y.  

You babbled on incessantly in that post and blamed everything but the actual shootings that took place. Total windbagism. Must be a year that starts with a 2...

6 hours ago, calscuf said:

Let’s play the guess which one is MT game!

My guess is the lady cage fighter.

I actually have a job and am minimum 4 hours away from wherever that took place.

But since I didn't watch the video your guess is probably spot on.

2 hours ago, RallyMo said:

You babbled on incessantly in that post and blamed everything but the actual shootings that took place. Total windbagism. Must be a year that starts with a 2...

and you still have ostrich syndrome about these shooting and cant see past the event to the causes.