• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

More Thoughts & Prayers

3 hours ago, arch stanton said:

It's good to take down the shooter but the bigger picture is that shooters are still making way onto campuses at their leisure. The big fail was there

yep, there are a lot of schools that need to secure their boundaries and entrance points (mine being one of them). it's going to take some time and $$$ to do this.

While it's great that nobody was killed I will wait until more details come out before making any conclusions. From what I read the shooter and the girl wounded knew each other so this could have been just a targeted shooting rather than a random "kill as many as you can" one that most mass school shootings are. I read that it took 45 seconds for the officer to get there and it was in a crowded hallway before classes started. I would imagine if the guy intended to kill as many as he wanted there would have been more wounded. Glad no one was killed though. 

On 3/20/2018 at 5:42 PM, UndertheHalo said:

Thats just not true.  Very, very few people want to “ban guns”

From YouGov poll in late Feb 2018 -

how people feel about banning all handguns (except those issued to officers of the state, of course!), which would include revolvers. Result:

g2.jpg

Americans are strongly opposed overall but Democrats are on the fence at 44/46.

1 hour ago, red321 said:

Looks like there might be a positive step forward

http://www.businessinsider.com/cdc-gun-violence-research-ban-spending-bill-shutdown-2018-3

Spending bill appears to include clarification of the Dickey amendment, which should allow the CDC to start studying gun violence and injury prevention

How the fuck is gun violence a CDC concern?   Does the ATF research ebola?   
This is just idiotic bureaucracy in action so they can say they spent money on something they really havent.  Reminds me of the early days of Aids when govt claimed millions were being spent when most was at best tangent research on other things.
The CDC needs to focus on disease, cancer, even the common cold and pneumonia... leave guns to those who might be able to do something about it 

18 minutes ago, red321 said:

My guess would be studying vehicle death and injury prevention wasn't expressly forbid like gun violence...but keep beating that drum

As long as people keep getting killed, I'll keep up the fight ... while you keep ignoring it.

10 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Grammar never killed anyone.

I still don't believe Halothunder's posts actually killed anyone after reading them. I don't care what you guys think!

I'm pretty sure English Cop has offed a few grammar felons.

1 hour ago, floplag said:

This is just idiotic bureaucracy in action so they can say they spent money on something they really havent.  Reminds me of the early days of Aids when govt claimed millions were being spent when most was at best tangent research on other things.
The CDC needs to focus on disease, cancer, even the common cold and pneumonia... leave guns to those who might be able to do something about it 

Maybe they will find out that people who are shot with a gun are more likely to die or need medical treatment as opposed to those who don't get shot. The fact that the democrats have been demanding this happens leads me to believe there a political motivations behind it. I'm not sure what those are though. It seems rather pointless to me

1 hour ago, floplag said:

CDC is the organization that deals with public health and they have been prohibited into research on gun violence prevention. Haven't folks spent the last few months preaching how school shootings were a mental health issue?

10 minutes ago, red321 said:

CDC is the organization that deals with public health and they have been prohibited into research on gun violence prevention. Haven't folks spent the last few months preaching how school shootings were a mental health issue?

Mental health still isnt CDC.  This isnt a pathogen, an infection, a virus... medical doctors and virologists are not the ones equipped to handle this. 

They study data.  Why is this such a point of contention ? Let them study it    This may come as a shock to you Flop.  The CDC does things other then what you’ve seen depicted in movies like outbreak.   The CDC isn’t partisan.  I don’t think you gun folks have much to worry about. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

21 minutes ago, floplag said:

Mental health still isnt CDC.  This isnt a pathogen, an infection, a virus... medical doctors and virologists are not the ones equipped to handle this. 

yeah, you seem to be taking the title CDC a tad bit too literal

http://searchhealthit.techtarget.com/definition/Centers-for-Disease-Control-and-Prevention-CDC

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is a federal agency that conducts and supports health promotion, prevention and preparedness activities in the United States, with the goal of improving overall public health. Established in 1946 and based in Atlanta, the CDC is managed by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).