• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Happy Anniversary, everyone

mpcincal

Actual anniversary will be in about 9 hours.   I remember letting out a yell, okay several, while others were heard in my neighborhood doing the same.

After scaling the roof at my house to watch the fireworks at the stadium, I then walked to downtown Orange where the circle was taken over by a brigade of cars, trucks, and vans circling the circle for a few minutes, honking.    Great times!

6 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I was at work that night, and I didn't get to see the end of the game until I saw the highlights on ESPN the next morning. It was no less rewarding.

I was listening on the radio at work myself, very special moment for me and I wish my mom and dad had been there to hear it as they were both instrumental in getting me interested not only in baseball but the Angels, specifically.

I was lucky enough to be at all of the home games for the World Series.  Game 6 was simply incredible.  I remember in the top of the 7th, right after Salmon struck out to end the 6th, the Giants get a guy on base, and then there was a passed ball, one of the few times Molina ever really made a mistake.  I was sitting in my seat, thoroughly dejected during the 7th inning stretch.  Then they started hitting and you just knew when Erstad lead off the 8th with the homer, you knew they would win.  Game 7, was crazy, because I was super nervous. If you grew up an Angel fan you grew up expecting the worst to happen, especially after 1982 and 1986,  All of that went away after game 7.  

I went to a family/friends house in Anaheim for a game 7 party. So many houses on the block had the game on. From their home, you could hear the thundersticks and the fans roaring from Angel Stadium. The crowd was so loud. So loud. The entire game. When Garret hit that double, you could hear people in other houses going off like we did, it felt like we had just won the game. It felt like the roof was being blown off the house. But it was so remarkable it almost felt like it wasn't happening. Garret was never known for smiling, and god damn he couldn't even smile after hitting that double.

I can't imagine being the Giants in that stadium. You got a staff of 50 against 40,000 roaring against you throughout the entire game.

Man was the stadium raucous.

There may have been bandwagon fans, but man, that stadium was rocking so hard they could barely keep the cameras still.

That catch by Erstad, and the Percival double pump once he caught it was one of the greatest moments ever in my memory of baseball.

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

I was lucky enough to be at all of the home games for the World Series.  Game 6 was simply incredible.  I remember in the top of the 7th, right after Salmon struck out to end the 6th, the Giants get a guy on base, and then there was a passed ball, one of the few times Molina ever really made a mistake.  I was sitting in my seat, thoroughly dejected during the 7th inning stretch.  Then they started hitting and you just knew when Erstad lead off the 8th with the homer, you knew they would win.  Game 7, was crazy, because I was super nervous. If you grew up an Angel fan you grew up expecting the worst to happen, especially after 1982 and 1986,  All of that went away after game 7.  

When I was watching game 6 and the Giants scored their 5th run, I was so upset with pent up frustration, anger, sadness, etc. that I left our family room and went to our home office and got online and sulked thinking that this one was another typical Angels choke job like '82 and '86.  I remember my wife came in and told me that the Angels had just scored 3 runs and I immediately jumped up and went back in to watch the rest of the game.  I remember how gut wrenching it was watching the 8th inning, but when Erstad hit that home run, I felt that they were somehow going to come back and win it.  My heart was pounding so much during those two last innings.

4 hours ago, Angels#1Fan said:

I watched the game/series with my dad who was also a big Angel fan..I'll never forget the joy we had that night.

My dad died in 2005 and I think of him every time I think about the 2002 Series.

That's good to hear that your dad experienced that.

My father, who was a big fan from day 1, died in '89.  One of the things I regret is him not seeing the Angels make it to the WS, especially since they were so close in '86.  That hurt.

9 hours ago, IEAngelsfan said:

When I was watching game 6 and the Giants scored their 5th run, I was so upset with pent up frustration, anger, sadness, etc. that I left our family room and went to our home office and got online and sulked thinking that this one was another typical Angels choke job like '82 and '86.  I remember my wife came in and told me that the Angels had just scored 3 runs and I immediately jumped up and went back in to watch the rest of the game.  I remember how gut wrenching it was watching the 8th inning, but when Erstad hit that home run, I felt that they were somehow going to come back and win it.  My heart was pounding so much during those two last innings.

I remember watching Game 6 on TV with my parents. Lots of times when I watch a game and things aren't going well for my team, I'll turn off the TV or leave the room and sulk. I remember them being down 5-0 and it really didn't look like they were coming back and would lose the Series. But at this particular moment, something inside me just decided that I'd been sticking with them all year, heck, the previous 26 years or so since I started following baseball, and even if they went down meekly over the last three innings I was going to be there in spirit with them to the very end. Of course, it's good that I did, and I didn't miss a single moment of that comeback.

meanwhile -- look to the NHL --

Daryl Sutter won two Cups in five years as the LA Kings coach SINCE the Halos won in 2002 and Sutter is gone.

The Ducks have won a Cup and have been a playoff team since then and they've had coaching changes.

no big statement, just comparing/ contrasting.........

3 minutes ago, disarcina said:

2002 was nice - but folks -- it's been pretty much out of sight in that rear view mirror for about 8 years now.....

Is 2002 for the Halos going to become our version of 1988 for the Dodgers????????

kinda feels that way.