• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Joe Girardi Not Returning To Yankees

nando714

31 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Yankees and Red Sox both make the playoffs, but they both look to replace their world series winning managers.  Some here will find that amusing

Remember when the Red Sox let go of Francona and Epstein? Those clubs have too high of expectations and are too knee jerk. I think it hurts them in the long run sometimes.

9 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

Remember when the Red Sox let go of Francona and Epstein? Those clubs have too high of expectations and are too knee jerk. I think it hurts them in the long run sometimes.

Theo resigned to take a better job, as far as I know.

Regardless, I'll take knee jerk and 3 division titles, a penant, and a world series over "staying the course" and a 500 ball club.

4 minutes ago, Bruce Nye said:

Jeter might step in with an offer to manage his Miami team.  

He might -- but he's already been there and done that -- I don't think he wants to put himself into another situation where ownership is unwilling to spend..      There has been talk for months that Girardi might be stepping away.  He's been talking about having to discuss it with his family and that they would make the choice together..   I can see him wanting to take a year off and if he does, it does open the door for Eppy to try to get him to Anaheim.  

Whatever, this is the first time in a long time where Mike Scioscia actually should be worried about what he will be doing in a year...

2 minutes ago, Calzone said:

semantics but ok.

D1B50E12-ADDE-45B0-8DE6-15BDAA6A4168.jpeg

http://m.yankees.mlb.com/news/article/62748696//

Girardi signs four-year extension with Yankees

Girardi signs four-year extension with Yankees

By Bryan Hoch / MLB.com | October 9th, 2013

NEW YORK -- The Yankees checked off their first item of offseason business Wednesday, agreeing to terms with Joe Girardi on a four-year contract extension that projects to keep the manager in the dugout through the 2017 season.

MLB rumors: Will Yankees let Joe Girardi walk away over money?

Updated on October 24, 2017 at 9:53 AMPosted on October 24, 2017 at 9:00 AM
"The Yankees managerial position now is an open question because Joe Girardi's contract is expiring right now." Olney said. "He's finishing up a four-year, $16M deal. He addressed his future with reporters after the Yankees were eliminated on Saturday. He seemed to indicate to reporters that, all things being equal, he would prefer to come back--but it's not all his decision."