• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

University of Arizona Marching Band

My oldest son is the drum major for the University of Arizona's marching band (The Pride of Arizona).  This past weekend was the 64th Annual UofA Band Day.  At the end of the high school bands playing, the Pride of Arizona puts on an exhibition, and this year, they had several solo's including the end where my son plays his saxophone.  

Just thought I share (as a proud pop) the 2017 Pride of Arizona performing songs from Bruno Mars:

That was awesome. Must be a very proud father. Good band. I hate it when I can't even make out what the hell it's playing.

I always thought it was funny when Cron would walk up to the plate to Bruno Mars. Figured him to be more a (insert inbred country star's name here)

(or Lynyrd Skynyrd/Molly Hatchet)

Five seasons of college marching band for me - two at the University of Florida (Gator Band) and three at the University of Oklahoma (Pride of Oklahoma). Still my fondest memories of my college years. I got to go places and see things that would never have otherwise happened (like two King Orange Parades, Christmas in Phoenix and New Year's Eve on Bourbon Street - not to mention freezing my ass off in Lincoln, NE the day after Thanksgiving).

About the U of A band - they have a good arranger, and their field formations flow well. Nice job. A few too many flags and other non-musicians for my taste, but that's OK. :) 

Here is a performance that I participated in, three days before my 21st birthday.

wait, i thought he was the DM. 

my comment doesn't make any sense, so disregard. 

they look and sound great. i quit teaching our marching band a few years back, but work with them as a program coordinator behind the scenes now. love it. 

On 10/25/2017 at 10:57 AM, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

wait, i thought he was the DM. 

my comment doesn't make any sense, so disregard. 

they look and sound great. i quit teaching our marching band a few years back, but work with them as a program coordinator behind the scenes now. love it. 

He is the Drum Major (the only one in white).  His goal is to be a band director.  Starts his student teaching in January.  He has worked with several high schools over the last several summers.  Truly enjoys all aspects of it.

On 10/23/2017 at 7:37 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Five seasons of college marching band for me - two at the University of Florida (Gator Band) and three at the University of Oklahoma (Pride of Oklahoma). Still my fondest memories of my college years. I got to go places and see things that would never have otherwise happened (like two King Orange Parades, Christmas in Phoenix and New Year's Eve on Bourbon Street - not to mention freezing my ass off in Lincoln, NE the day after Thanksgiving).

About the U of A band - they have a good arranger, and their field formations flow well. Nice job. A few too many flags and other non-musicians for my taste, but that's OK. :) 

Here is a performance that I participated in, three days before my 21st birthday.

@Vegas Halo Fan my daughter is graduating at UF (Masters in Criminology, Forensics) this December. Go Gators! 

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing, outdoor and closeup