• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Another one bites the Dusty

Troll Daddy

3 hours ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Dave Roberts was able to get the Dodgers to the World Series with basically the same team, that Don Mattling managed. Some people don't get it.

Huh? The lineup Don managed his last season included Dee Gordon, Adrian Gonzalez, Matt Kemp, Hanley Ramirez, Juan Uribe, Carl Crawford, Andre Ethier, A.J. Ellis, and Scott Van Slyke

On 10/20/2017 at 2:44 PM, Angelsfan1984 said:

I absolutely understand the meaning of mediocrity. Its not okay to be just good enough to get into the playoffs. They have not made a deep playoff run. Its not okay to accept excuses for the teams failures. Status quo is not accepted. There is no participation award for everyone. When you have a team built to win it all anything less than the ultimate goal is unacceptable. Why is it so hard for you guys to understand that? Make progress and move toward the ultimate goal or move on.

The Nationals hit .186 as a team and had 18 RBI in the NLDS. As far as I know, Dusty Baker didn't take a single AB for them. 

On 10/20/2017 at 4:38 PM, Stradling said:

No, he has a much different team.  He has an entirely new bullpen minus Jansen.  He has a new 2nd baseman, new 1st baseman, Alex Wood, Darvish.  Oh and Justin Turner is having a career year.  

he also has corey seager.

In other manager news, the Tigers hired Ron Gardenhire. I guess he's as good as any to oversee the mess they'll be for the next few years

The Mets are hiring Mickey Callaway. Maybe hiring a pitching coach is to sooth the pain that Collins inflicted on a staff that should have been dominant

Red Sox hire Alex Cora. He must be pretty stoked to have his every move questioned by 3 million angry know-it-alls with cartoonish accents

On 10/20/2017 at 4:48 PM, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Do the ANGELS  win the 2002 World Series if Dusty  isn't the manager of the Giants? 

That's a great question. He did hand the pitcher the game ball like all was said and done. What moron does something like that? That's just bad mojo. Did that seal his fate for eternity once making that move? Baseball players are steeped in superstition and habits, like not stepping on the foul line, and he really crossed it there. 

I always stepped on the foul line. Eff that straight white sh*t. Gotta rustle some feathers. 

Dusty is a terrible manager as far as I'm concerned. 

On 10/21/2017 at 7:20 AM, nando714 said:

Who the hell would want to manage the Nats? 

What manager wants to be in that position? They’re saying the window is closing and that they might offer someone a one year deal

I'll fu**in' take it. I'd whip those guys into a frenzy when they needed it. I think that's something Dusty doesn't do, or Skip, for that matter, which brings me to:

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

no they don't.  

I think they do Doc. They set the attitude in the club. When you got old fart man Dust and lasagna buffet Scioscia, do you really think players give a crap what they say? It just feels like these two go through the motions. 

I don't think any of these two managers drive their players to be better than what they are, and if they do, they sure as hell don't show it. 

By the way, Scioscia needs to go, and I think Rex Hudler should be the new manager. 

More then any other sport the baseball playoffs are just a cluster fuck.  Anything can happen and it does all the time.  Wild cards have great runs all the time.  I’m sorry,  A 162 game season  is as good a measurement of a teams quality as any measure in sports.  

Dusty’s run in the playoffs is unfortunate, but it’s tough to say his “playoff managing” is the reason they lost.  I don’t think he did anything that egregious.  For fucks sake,  Joe Madden was on the other side.  He’s the one doing all the quirky bullshit.