• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official: Angels Eric Hinske new hitting coach

Troll Daddy

5 hours ago, nate said:

Glad they went with someone young.  I just worry that it wont mesh well with Scioscia.

I don’t think they would have hired him without running him by Scioscia Nate, he’s on Scioscia’s staff and reports to him.

8 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

If a player hasn’t figured out their swing by the time they reach the majors ... very few do afterwards 

If it was that simple teams wouldn’t have hitting coaches.  Hell a lot of teams, including the Angels, have assistant hitting coaches.

10 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Rod Carew, one of the greatest hitters of all time, was the hitting coach during 1992, the year Gary Gaetti led the team with 12 homeruns.

Success as a player doesn't necessarily translate to success as a coach.

wayne gretzky wasn't a very successful coach in the NHL. whether it was him or the awful phoenix coyotes is up for debate. Magic Johnson wasn't a very good coach, either.

The Lakers played well initially, winning five of their first six games under Johnson, but after losing the next five games, Johnson announced that he was resigning as coach after the season. The Lakers finished the season on a ten-game losing streak, and Johnson's final record as a head coach was 5–11

So, maybe not.

11 hours ago, IEAngelsfan said:

I don't know about that.  Was Sabathia ever a teammate? 

while both played for the indians, they played there at different times i believe, so they wouldn't have been teammates. the two of them together could have put golden corral out of business.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

If it was that simple teams wouldn’t have hitting coaches.  Hell a lot of teams, including the Angels, have assistant hitting coaches.

Eh, I kinda disagree.  I think TD is mostly correct.  Hitting coaches are more to help hitters that are struggling with their mechanics to get them back to when they were successful and to formulate match up strategies than to teach them how to hit.

28 minutes ago, nate said:

Eh, I kinda disagree.  I think TD is mostly correct.  Hitting coaches are more to help hitters that are struggling with their mechanics to get them back to when they were successful and to formulate match up strategies than to teach them how to hit.

I completely agree with this