• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

New Yorker piece on Harvey Weinstein

Adam

43 minutes ago, Sam Sanchez said:

What's weird is I thought this was all close to common knowledge. Not to this extent and specifics, but there has been tons of talk about Harvey Weinstein "helping" woman's careers for years. Like a very commonly spread rumor/accusation was that Gwenyth Paltrow "slept her way to the top" which I'm assuming all started with Shakespeare in Love which was a Miramax hit. Just weird how all this stuff that seemed to be quietly acknowledged and almost accepted as a "casting couch/it is what is" scenario all just flooding out now. I don't really buy a lot of celebrities saying they had no idea about this going on until now.

i'm glad that all of this has finally come out regardless of what motivated it or whether or not it was seen as "that's just how it's done in hollywood." it's archaic, and that's the absolute least of it's worries right now. this guy deserves jail time but that's likely going to be very hard to prove and i'm sure his legal team will stop at nothing to defend him, with lots of victim blaming to choke a team of horses.

i wonder if stories about others who have done this will also start coming out. hollywood is a filthy place, and if this helps to start to clean it up, even better.

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

i'm glad that all of this has finally come out regardless of what motivated it or whether or not it was seen as "that's just how it's done in hollywood." it's archaic, and that's the absolute least of it's worries right now. this guy deserves jail time but that's likely going to be very hard to prove and i'm sure his legal team will stop at nothing to defend him, with lots of victim blaming to choke a team of horses.

i wonder if stories about others who have done this will also start coming out. hollywood is a filthy place, and if this helps to start to clean it up, even better.

Ben Affleck apologises for groping Hilarie Burton in 2003

1 hour ago, Sam Sanchez said:

What's weird is I thought this was all close to common knowledge. Not to this extent and specifics, but there has been tons of talk about Harvey Weinstein "helping" woman's careers for years. Like a very commonly spread rumor/accusation was that Gwenyth Paltrow "slept her way to the top" which I'm assuming all started with Shakespeare in Love which was a Miramax hit. Just weird how all this stuff that seemed to be quietly acknowledged and almost accepted as a "casting couch/it is what is" scenario all just flooding out now. I don't really buy a lot of celebrities saying they had no idea about this going on until now.

I don't really recall specifically, but I think there were even some alluding to this in Down and Dirty Pictures by Peter Biskind which covers the Weinsteins pretty heavily

I think it was pretty common knoweldge that he has been a scumbag and used his power in an evil way. I don't think rape was common knowledge. 

The sad thing about all these allegations is, deep down, we all know that this has been happening in entertainment for years/decades and maybe even centuries.  It's so ingrained as commonplace that everyone probably knows what this means.  And yet people are shocked.

67c.jpg

4 hours ago, RallyMo said:

Nope. I'm not by any means excusing anything that Weinstein did. He's an awful dude. I just don't understand how some people who are reacting with disgust to to this didn't do so similarly for Trump, not that they shouldn't be reacting with disdain to Weinstein's history. The same goes for anybody that was attacking Trump while looking the other way on guys like Weinstein. They're both garbage.

You really don't understand it?

Twitter gave her instructions on what to delete, more than likely it was a legal decision over what she posted that would come back at Twitter in a lawsuit. Instead of just cleaning up her mess she's decided to go full retard. 

This is similar to people losing their shit here when they cross the line and post is removed, then scream they are being silenced and their first amendment rights are being violated. No, you're being abusive, back up and start again.

28 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Twitter gave her instructions on what to delete, more than likely it was a legal decision over what she posted that would come back at Twitter in a lawsuit. Instead of just cleaning up her mess she's decided to go full retard. 

This is similar to people losing their shit here when they cross the line and post is removed, then scream they are being silenced and their first amendment rights are being violated. No, you're being abusive, back up and start again.

Though it doesn't sound like Twitter was very clear initially why her account was suspended. With millions of users they don't exactly have a mechanism for individual situations. The optics for Twitter became horrible when she was suspended without a stated reason, hence them personally contacting her "team" to straighten things out. YouTube is experiencing similar backlash, especially when it comes to copyright claims made against content.

Yeah, optics of that are pretty shitty for twitter. A primary reason women don't come forward is the idea that nobody cares, somehow it's their fault, or they'll be told to shut up and be quiet...even if they had what they consider to be legal reasons for doing so, it certainly doesnt look good for twitter. 

remember when corey feldman kept trying to let people know about folks like him (and probably weinstein himself) sexually abusing people for decades, but they are too powerful to bring down.... and barbara walters told him to shut up because he would be disrupting the entire industry?

what a f*cking bitch.

Im not following the story too closely (not really super interesting to me). But are any of the people who are accusing this guy saying they ever notified Law Enforcement? Or is it more they told others in the industry and nobody cared? 

I only ask for clarification, not implying anything. 

Reference corey feldman, i had forgotten about that. Did he ever mention anyone directly, or just made vague references?

That Time Barbara Walters Pushed Back at Corey Feldman for Calling Out Hollywood Abusers

https://twitter.com/Corey_Feldman/status/918653158959673344

HOWEVER 4 THE RECORD I WOULD LIKE 2 SAY NO HARVEY WEINSTEIN WAS NOT THE MAN WHO MOLESTED ME OR MY FORMER ACTING PARTNER. OBVIOUSLY PEDOS

— Corey Feldman (@Corey_Feldman) October 13, 2017

5 hours ago, calscuf said:

Do you think it's really that smart to nail a "metoo'er?"

If she has any regret over the encounter, you're the #metoo story.

Well obviously you make sure to keep video evidence of the satisfying encounter.