• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Joe Girardi?

NJHalo

I might be a little premature here, but I can see the Yankees cutting ties with Joe Girardi is they don't get by the Indians. The feeling might be mutual. Would you think given his ties with Eppler, that they would bring him in here to replace Scioscia, who is in the last year of his contract? Girardi's contract is up at the end of this season

Scioscia's contract is up at the end of 2018 and Eppler has already committed to that. Unless Girardi takes a seat upstairs he isn't going to wait a year for a managers position. 

Edited by Blarg

18 minutes ago, NJHalo said:

I might be a little premature here, but I can see the Yankees cutting ties with Joe Girardi is they don't get by the Indians. The feeling might be mutual. Would you think given his ties with Eppler, that they would bring him in here to replace Scioscia, who is in the last year of his contract? Girardi's contract is up at the end of this season

I think Girardi will get another year from the Yankees because they’ve been very competitive during these playoffs. They could’ve easily rolled over and died after Game 2 but they didn’t.

He’ll get a full season of Bird, Sanchez, Gray and Hicks. They’ll probably bring in a new 3b and another SP. It’s a solid core.

28 minutes ago, Calzone said:

I think Girardi will get another year from the Yankees because they’ve been very competitive during these playoffs. They could’ve easily rolled over and died after Game 2 but they didn’t.

He’ll get a full season of Bird, Sanchez, Gray and Hicks. They’ll probably bring in a new 3b and another SP. It’s a solid core.

Buster Olney doesn't think so.....

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=20965406

An Eppler-Girardi team makes since.  But it can’t happen until at least 2019 because Scioscia won’t walk away from his contract.

Scioscia gets the most out of his players.  But I think nearly 20 years with one team is excessive.  The game changes and you have to be able to change with it.  I don’t talk about it much but I also wonder if the years and broken dreams have sapped Arte as an owner.

i think the Angels will be better next year with luck on the injuries, but pressing on with the old guard, Albert’s quest for 3,000 hits, etc will pull the team performance down.  Will Arte do what it takes to get left field nailed down offensively and defensively?

31 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

If the Yanks part ways with Girardi he's probably the best bet to replace MS in 2019.   The team would have to go from a meat to veggie lasagna but otherwise it seems like a pretty seamless transition.

Girardi actually had to wait one season for Torre to vacate before he took over the Yankee job. But yeah veggie looks about right.  

5 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

With Jeter as a Marlins owner, i could see him going back there again. 

I read somewhere that the Marlins already took one of the top Yankees player development guys. Jeter is going to be a very active hands on owner. We may see the Marlins rise up in the near future.