• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Vegas Golden Knights thread

Vegas Halo Fan

Good start to the season so far, back-to-back come-from-behind 2-1 wins on the road at Dallas and Phoenix, the latter in overtime. The first home game is Tuesday night against the Coyotes. The Red Wings, Bruins, Sabres, Blues, Black Hawks and Avalanche come in before the team goes on an east coast road swing.

The first home game is going to be nuts. This city has waited for a very long time for our own team, and people are excited about it.

It's good that the city is getting behind their team.  This is going to be unlike the Traitors, who will bring their thugs from LA and Oakland.  Magnetos are a born in Vegas team, who's owner really paid up so that they will be competitive sooner rather than later.  And that team is going to be even bigger in the city now with what happened last week.  Opening day will be quite the show.  

Spoiler

IMO they took the right approach. Instead of loading up with long-term veterans and trying to win right away, they stocked up with relatively young players who should only improve as they gain experience playing together. Getting a veteran goalie was also smart, because he has kept them in the first two games until they got going offensively.

It was a great gesture on the team's part to bring out first responders as the team was introduced, and to put a graphic on the ice with the names of the 58 victims.

This city was clearly looking for a diversion, a lift. My wife and I were watching the opening period, and I said "I wonder what it will be like when the first goal is scored." About that time it went in the back of the net, and I could feel the energy even at home. Derek Engelland, who played here for the ECHL Las Vegas Wranglers, who kept his home and raised his family here and who addressed the crowd prior to the game, got one of the four first period goals. It has been a great start.

12 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

It was a great gesture on the team's part to bring out first responders as the team was introduced, and to put a graphic on the ice with the names of the 58 victims.

This city was clearly looking for a diversion, a lift. My wife and I were watching the opening period, and I said "I wonder what it will be like when the first goal is scored." About that time it went in the back of the net, and I could feel the energy even at home. Derek Engelland, who played here for the ECHL Las Vegas Wranglers, who kept his home and raised his family here and who addressed the crowd prior to the game, got one of the four first period goals. It has been a great start.

Vegas is looking better than the Ducks right now.  They have balance on both sides of the ice, and tons of depth.  

Also, I hear that the original opening ceremony that was supposed to happen for game 1 at home is going to happen game 2 at home.  Minus I guess the player introductions.  So VHF, if you have season tix, you may want to get to the game early.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

But for one bad period against Detroit, the Knights would be unbeaten - which is incredible. They certainly won't continue to play at this level, but they have been better than we had any right to expect.

Certainly an impressive start.  It'll get harder now, since teams will have to realize they are not an expansion team, and start to do some homework.  

4 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

No, not yet. Just got my Fleury jersey in the mail yesterday, so now I'm equipped.

You going to the Ducks game on the 12th 5th of December?  I'm flying out for it, so if you are, we got to hook up for pre/post/during drinks.

Edited by gotbeer

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

You going to the Ducks game on the 12th 5th of December?  I'm flying out for it, so if you are, we got to hook up for pre/post/during drinks.

Would love to, but have to be at work at 7 AM the next day. Work week games don't really work for me, because I work 40 miles north of the city, I would be coming in during rush hour and then trying to find parking. That is the main reason I'm not a STH. Maybe another time. Would like to catch up with you when you're in town sometime.

Hope that you have a good time. Let me know what you think of the arena and the atmosphere compared to some other places that you have been.

59 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Would love to, but have to be at work at 7 AM the next day. Work week games don't really work for me, because I work 40 miles north of the city, I would be coming in during rush hour and then trying to find parking. That is the main reason I'm not a STH. Maybe another time. Would like to catch up with you when you're in town sometime.

Hope that you have a good time. Let me know what you think of the arena and the atmosphere compared to some other places that you have been.

cough cough.  Sounds like you will be sick on the 6th.  It's not like the inmates are going anywhere.  ;)