• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Recipe Of The Day: Chicken Enchiladas Verdes

Chicken Enchiladas Verdes

Do you ever cook with tomatillos? They look like little lanterns, with their green papery husks.

Sometimes people mistake them for green tomatoes (doesn’t help that their Spanish name is “tomate verde”); they are nightshades, like eggplants and peppers, and therefore distant cousins of tomatoes, but the taste is quite different.

The tomatillos I grow in my garden here in Northern California ripen in September and October, but most of the tomatillos we get from the market come all year round from Mexico. When my tomatillos are ripe, I make a large batch of Mexican salsa verde, perfect for tortilla chips, great with eggs, and awesome in these enchiladas!

Continue reading "Chicken Enchiladas Verdes" »

GWzfson_Ll8

View the full article

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

What about corn tortillas is against your diet?

It's all the carbs. I have a limit of ninety per day. Reading labels as closely as I have over the last year has shown just how ma y carbs we consume, which is a lot more than ninety per day.

My wife thought she was being nice and buying me apple juice for after my surgery. For one, I only like Martinellis sparkling apple cider and only on rare occasions.

She buys Mott's that has to admit on the label it's white grape and apple juice but really it's just white grape that looks like apple juice. Bleah. It's also 31 grams carbs of which 30 are sugar.

I told her thanks for the thought but take it to school and give it to the kids. Meanwhile I've been going through about 90 - 120 ounces of plain water daily. Helps wash down the motrin for the ankle. Can't wait to end that, I haven't used anything in the way of pain relievers for over a year and a half.

21 minutes ago, Tank said:

It's all the carbs. I have a limit of ninety per day. Reading labels as closely as I have over the last year has shown just how ma y carbs we consume, which is a lot more than ninety per day.