• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Good news! Scioscia will be back for the final year of his contract

Chuck

59 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Paid his dues?  He's a Scioscia clone.  Why the fuck would we replace Scioscia with Scioscia?

How in the world would you have any idea if he is a Scioscia clone or not?  How do you have any insight on that?  What have you read to make you think that?  Who do you know in the clubhouse that has told you this?  Is Maddon a Scioscia clone?

Mike will be here until he decides he doesn't want to be. He is only 58. He could manage likely until he is 70.

And Maddon is 5 years older. If they were grooming someone, I could see them moving on in a year or two, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Scioscia would also be unemployed for all of a week, should the Angels let him go.

He is not going anywhere. End of discussion.

5 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Mike Scioscia plans on returning to manage the Angels in 2018, which is the last year of his contract.

Scioscia signed a record 10-year deal for a manager before the 2009 season. He's managed the Angels for 18 years now, going 1,570-1,346. His team has been to the postseason just once in the last eight years, losing 3-0 in the ALDS in 2004. Still, this year's group was in contention until the final week, finishing a respectable 80-82 despite myriad pitching injuries and losing Mike Trout for a chunk of the season because their division sucked, along with much of the rest of the American League.

Glad to be of help.

11 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Eppler will choose his own manager. No argument. 

I wouldn't switch managers after a playoff appearance...but what we don't know is how good their relationship is...heck they may genuinely like each other and work well together...it happens sometimes, even when it's not the guy you hired.

I think Mike S. manages the Halos next year and then gets another year in 2020 before he calls it quits (retires -- does not get fired) and either moves upstairs in some made up title for the Halos -- Special Baseball Operations Assistant to the Owner - or Arte sells the club by that point and Mike Scioscia joins another organization in some capacity.

2 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

They were never going to let him go in the middle of his contract but the fact that he wasn't given an extension tells you he is gone barring a deep run next season. 

A perfect example of someone reading a press release, then making whatever up as the interpretation.

LAST PLAYOFF WIN?

Damn - October 22, 2009....Isn't that the game that Sosh yanked Lackey? Then the bully gave up the lead....and Lack said something to Sosh as he left the dugout?

Then Lack left for Beantown.

Ah - Good Times...

Meanwhile - Maddon's been to playoffs. Bud Black too. Lackey has 3 rings...

I would also toss Griffin out there since he's been very loyal to the Angels for 17 years but him not being a first base coach for them would seem unchristian. As for Maddon he has a lot of fire and could breathe life into this team but would he be willing to come back to Anaheim remains to be seen. When I first started watching the Angels he was the first base and bench coach. I wouldn't mind seeing that #70 come out of the dugout yelling at these stupid umps for bad calls.

4 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Would Eppler pick a manager who is his puppet like how Billy Beane always does ?

A better example of that would be Dipoto picking Service.  That would drive the peeps on here crazy, think of the arguments on who was responsible for each decision, the GM or the manager, LOL.