• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

How are our Vegas AngelsWin peeps doing?

Chuck

I wasn't at the concert. My sister was in a panic this morning until I checked in on Facebook. As far as I know, none of my friends or coworkers were there.

As you can imagine, this is dominating the local news.

This is exactly why Americans should not have unfettered access to any kind of weapon that they want. I have no issue with people defending themselves, but this guy had ten automatic rifles and a ton of ammunition in his hotel room. The death toll could have been far worse had he not decided to stop when he did.

2 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I wasn't at the concert. My sister was in a panic this morning until I checked in on Facebook. As far as I know, none of my friends or coworkers were there.

This is exactly why Americans should not have unfettered access to any kind of weapon that they want. I have no issue with people defending themselves, but this guy had ten automatic rifles and a ton of ammunition in his hotel room. The death toll could have been far worse had he not decided to stop when he did.

Glad you and your family are okay VHF.

There has to be a reasonable nature to they type of weapons that you can keep in your home. The ability to kill multiple people in rapid succession should only be an ability for our military forces not an average citizen. NRA folks keep defending their ability to own and use AR-15 assault rifles for a host of reasons including defense and sport. By that logic why not give everyone a grenade launcher too? Maybe everyone has the right to a Mother Of All Bombs as well for home defense? Perhaps if the average citizen needs to take the fight to an aggressor we can authorize the sale of personal tactical nuclear weapons (with silencers attached to muffle the shock wave)?

This violence has to stop. We have ways to help mitigate these events through extended criminal background checks, preventing the sale of weapons to individuals with criminal and mental health histories, and the banning of tactical assault weapons.

Columbine, Sandy Hook, San Bernardino, Santa Barbara, Orlando Nightclub, Las Vegas.... the list goes on and on and on and all we hear are our "Thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims" from politicians that have taken hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars from the NRA.

26 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Something needs to be done.   This new millennium in America is nothing like the 20th century. 

I hear this a lot, and i disagree.  I dont see anything all that new happening now that wasnt happening when i was younger, were just more aware of it.   

47 minutes ago, floplag said:

I hear this a lot, and i disagree.  I dont see anything all that new happening now that wasnt happening when i was younger, were just more aware of it.   

Except that these mass shootings seemed to be a lot less prevalent in the last 18 years of the 20th century, than they have been in this millenium.    

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Except that these mass shootings seemed to be a lot less prevalent in the last 18 years of the 20th century, than they have been in this millenium.    

or were we just not as knowledgeable of them?  The biggest difference between now and then is the media, the internet, and social media... its 24/7 live streaming... we certainly didnt have this back then only way we knew was seeing it on the new or reading the paper.  
You may be right, but i dont think its that big a difference.  Heck the gun laws were far less back then even.  
IDK its just an opinion for me that nothing is that different were just more informed in real time 

4 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I agree the 2nd Amendment doesnt guarantee unfettered access to any weapon.  However automatic weapons lke used last night has been illegal since 1986.  

I am for better gun control legislation.  Would love to hear ideas on how any new law would prevent any of these mass shootings and stay consistent with 2nd Amendment 

5 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

If Sandy Hook didn't change the conversation, I do not know what will.

Vegas Halo Fan and other Vegas peeps - thanks for checking in.

what a horrible incident. terrible.

LV Metro Police's quick response saved lives - could have been worse.

Prayers for Las Vegas victims who, I'm sure - when all the names of victims are made public - will illustrate that on any given weekend, Las Vegas is a city of the whole world and country. Folks from all over are impacted by this --

2 hours ago, stormngt said:

I agree the 2nd Amendment doesnt guarantee unfettered access to any weapon.  However automatic weapons lke used last night has been illegal since 1986.  

I am for better gun control legislation.  Would love to hear ideas on how any new law would prevent any of these mass shootings and stay consistent with 2nd Amendment 

The 2nd Amendment was written 230 years ago when we were primarily a nation of citizen farmers....Guns were a necessity for protection, hunting to eat and for any future invasions by foreign powers....The Founders had no way of foreseeing that the NRA would protect and champion weapons needed by no one but cops and soldiers...the Las Vegas nut bought his weapons at a local gun store...

I've been telling relatives all day that my wife and I are fine.  My wife and her best friend used to go to the Route 91 concerts every year. A couple of of years ago they stopped people from bringing folding chairs and they stopped going.

One of my neighbors friends got hit in the leg but he's ok.  

Someone was was stating the nutcase bought the guns at a local gun store, do you have a link?  I don't think the police have released anything.  

33 minutes ago, NotMyCat said:

I've been telling relatives all day that my wife and I are fine.  My wife and her best friend used to go to the Route 91 concerts every year. A couple of of years ago they stopped people from bringing folding chairs and they stopped going.

One of my neighbors friends got hit in the leg but he's ok.  

Someone was was stating the nutcase bought the guns at a local gun store, do you have a link?  I don't think the police have released anything.  

Here is an NBC story on where some of the guns were purchased that may shed some light on your question:

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/las-vegas-shooting/two-nevada-gun-shops-say-stephen-paddock-passed-background-checks-n806921

1 hour ago, DMVol said:

The 2nd Amendment was written 230 years ago when we were primarily a nation of citizen farmers....Guns were a necessity for protection, hunting to eat and for any future invasions by foreign powers....The Founders had no way of foreseeing that the NRA would protect and champion weapons needed by no one but cops and soldiers...the Las Vegas nut bought his weapons at a local gun store...

First if the 2nd Amendment is outdated lead the fight to get it changed through a constitutional amendment.  You cant change it by passing a law.  If you ignore the constitution on the 2nd amendment than any other aspect of the constitution  can be ignored.

Second, the purpose of the 2nd Amendment is just as viable today as it was 230 years ago.  Saying it is irrelevant shows great ignorance of the intent of the 2nd Amendment.   It was not passed to give the right to hunt.  It is to protect us from government tyranny.

Just look at recent events shows how important a 2nd Amendment is.  Many feel Trump is a tyrant.  According to the Declaration of Independence if tyranny takes over government it is the duty of citizens to rise up.

On the left you see the power of government spying on  thier citizens, attacking them with the irs, giving different justice to people of power.  

Black lives matter argues there is any justice from police brutality.   

Antifa is attacking people as they exervise their rights

BTW hasnt anyone noticed their hasn't been any ANTIFA riots in open carry states that has stabd your ground laws. 

Or all the mass shootings are in locations that are gun free zones.  (The Las Vegas shooter was in the Mandalay Bay which is a gub free zone)

I can be convinced that automatic weapons should not be protected by the 2nd Amendment, but you cant convince me its irrelevant.

Thete is no greater right than the right of self preservation when government cant help you.

2 hours ago, DMVol said:

The alterations of the guns to make them automatic was against the law.

Its illegal to buy an automatic weapon.  It is illegal to alter a semi automatic weapon to make it automatic.

7 hours ago, stormngt said:

The alterations of the guns to make them automatic was against the law.

Its illegal to buy an automatic weapon.  It is illegal to alter a semi automatic weapon to make it automatic.

It's not black and white....the NRA opposes the automatic weapons ban and has worked against it, with some success....it is easy enough to alter a semi-automatic, as we saw Sat night....

18 hours ago, DMVol said:

So were all the other Amendments in the Bill of Rights.

But you do have an out, get 2/3 of the states to get rid of it.

8 hours ago, DMVol said:

It's not black and white....the NRA opposes the automatic weapons ban and has worked against it, with some success....it is easy enough to alter a semi-automatic, as we saw Sat night....

And it was illegal to do so.  I wouldnt have a problem criminalizing the kits to alter semi automatic weapons.

2 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

So were all the other Amendments in the Bill of Rights.

But you do have an out, get 2/3 of the states to get rid of it.

Never gonna happen...and there will be many, many more mass shootings while nothing changes.  

2 hours ago, ArturoMoreno said:

Do you expect an American free man to keep to muskets against let's say, an AK47? 

Of course not...but the technology of 230 years ago doesn't fit well with 2017...the right to bear arms was and is a sacred thing, part of our fabric...but it shouldn't be worshiped to the point that we can't apply common sense to modern technology...hunting weapons, weapons made for protection just aren't the same as weapons that can cause the carnage we saw Sat night...