• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

14 hours ago, Taylor said:

Well, if you want to make the comparison that guns are just as dangerous as cars, you should be willing to say that guns should be just as regulated as cars. Or, to be consistent, you must say that cars should be less regulated, and that traffic laws do nothing to curb car deaths.

As your meme so eloquently points out, cars are more regulated than guns ... yet there's more deaths.  So if you want to be consistent, you must say that no amount of regulation is keeping these death machines from ending the lives of friends and loved ones.  So if you want to get serious about them, ban them.  And feel free to apply that same standard to guns. 

2 hours ago, RallyMo said:

Geoff, I'm genuinely interested in what your feelings about gun laws, gun control, gun responsibility etc are.

I'm not looking for an answer that makes it relative to another item, just guns.

Where do you stand when it comes to gun legislation and regulation?

Why would you want to isolate an answer from anything else?  Just curious.  Guns, vehicles, medication, alcohol, fast foods.  I'm not sure why we need to silo items.  If things are causing the deaths of tens of thousands of people year in and year out, I'm not sure why we put up with them.  Or if we do, why we decide we'll put up with one but not another.

46 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Why would you want to isolate an answer from anything else?  Just curious.  Guns, vehicles, medication, alcohol, fast foods.  I'm not sure why we need to silo items.  If things are causing the deaths of tens of thousands of people year in and year out, I'm not sure why we put up with them.  Or if we do, why we decide we'll put up with one but not another.

Ok. I fully understand what you're saying.

What's your position on gun control?

10 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Ok. I fully understand what you're saying.

What's your position on gun control?

Outlaw them.  Repeal the 2nd amendment.  If they are dangerous to our society and cause the deaths of tens of thousands of people every year, get rid of them.  All of them.  And do likewise with vehicles, alcohol, fast foods, etc.  All of it.  Be in or out, but not halfway.  Either do it, of shut the fuck up about it.

That's my position.

Just now, Geoff said:

Outlaw them.  Repeal the 2nd amendment.  If they are dangerous to our society and cause the deaths of tens of thousands of people every year, get rid of them.  All of them.  And do likewise with vehicles, alcohol, fast foods, etc.  All of it.  Be in or out, but not halfway.  Either do it, of shut the fuck up about it.

That's my position.

You've offered up two completely different and simultaneously rigid scenarios.

What's your position?

3 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

It might not be the two sides you're accustomed to seeing in this discussion, but he's very clearly defined two sides (neither of which he's expressed a preference for) and states that people have to pick from them.

29 minutes ago, Geoff said:

That's my position.

36 minutes ago, calscuf said:

See the thing is cars, booze, burgers, cigars, these things all have some value to society.  Despite all the paranoid redneck arguments, unless you want to kill an animal or a human, guns have no value.

Again, also unless you're a little pecker, wanna-be tough guy, than I suppose they're the best thing ever.

What value do booze or tobacco have?

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

See the thing is cars, booze, burgers, cigars, these things all have some value to society.  Despite all the paranoid redneck arguments, unless you want to kill an animal or a human, guns have no value.

Again, also unless you're a little pecker, wanna-be tough guy, than I suppose they're the best thing ever.

Again, you could argue that a medication designed to lower blood pressure has some value to society.  But if the medication shuts down the kidneys of tens of thousands of people every year resulting in their deaths, I'm not sure saying, "Yeah ... but they died with super low blood pressure" is a valid arguement. 

Unless of course you're a little pecker, wanna-be doctor, then I suppose they'd be the best thing ever.

Edited by Geoff