• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Las Vegas Shooting

11 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

News is reporting he had 18 guns in the room.  16 guns and explosives and more ammo at his house.  It'll be interesting to see how he got these guns.  I would think 34 guns would raise some sort of flag with homeland or ATF or someone.

I dont even think you have to register rifles and shotguns, just handguns (i may have that wrong, though).

52 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

http://www.turnto23.com/news/national/nurse-describes-people-helping-others-at-scene-of-las-vegas-mass-shooting

One of my friends. The girl im off and on with was there, sent me a video (she was filming the concert), and you can see people get hit in it. 

Been stressed out as hell today worrying about them.

Terrible. 

My brother just told me his expierence. We are so fortunate to have him home today

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Over-generalize much?

While I agree that things have gotten worse in recent years, people on both sides of the aisle have been guilty.

Also, did you know it was even worse in the 19th century, when fistfights (or worse) would sometimes break out in Congress? Google Preston Brooks and Charles Sumner. We also had a little conflict you may have heard about that started in 1861 that highlighted some severe political differences.

There are some who are still fighting that war. And as much as MAGA would love to deny it, most of them voted for Trump.

Many of them have shit-tons of guns too.

But as for the recent ratcheting up of hatred between the two sides, yes, it was right-wing radio and Fox. There was no equivalent on the left--and don't say "mainstream media". That's such horseshit. 

4 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I don't read much into the Dubai thing, it's very little to go on.

The NASA thing is from 1993 it shows, and the fact that there is a guy who looks just like him, wearing a NASA shirt in the Nevada area just can't be a coincidence.

I wonder if he was a reptilian.

11 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I don't know if its been said yet, but serious props to the LVMPD during this whole thing. They are an absolute model for handling something like this.

One thing about this city, we are used to holding a lot of major events and sizeable crowds spread out over large areas. LVMPD has become pretty expert at this kind of thing.

40 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

There are some who are still fighting that war. And as much as MAGA would love to deny it, most of them voted for Trump.

But as for the recent ratcheting up of hatred between the two sides, yes, it was right-wing radio and Fox. There was no equivalent on the left--and don't say "mainstream media". That's such horseshit. 

Nope, go back and read about the race between Adams and Jefferson

32 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

One thing about this city, we are used to holding a lot of major events and sizeable crowds spread out over large areas. LVMPD has become pretty expert at this kind of thing.

Another thing i give kudos to, besides the chaos of what was really happening, they also had to deal with several false reports going on at the same time.

4 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

He shot and wounded a security guard on the 32nd floor.

Reporter asking about the raid on his Reno home. No answer.

Reporters are asked to be patient, all information will be provided in due time.

I heard somewhere, but cant find anything online, that he shot at the first cops that went to his room. Maybe that was actually the security guard.

A doctor is on KFI 640 now saying many of the injured will have a long haul to recovery.

He mentioned that Steve Scalise (the congressman shot a few months ago) has 100-150 bullet fragments embedded in his body and they will remain there for the rest of his life.

I watched the 60 Minutes feature on him yesterday, and it was unbelievable the damage he had, and the long recovery he still has ahead of him.

4 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I dont even think you have to register rifles and shotguns, just handguns (i may have that wrong, though).

Every purchase goes through NICS and if you buy a lot of guns they will pay you a visit to ask why. I know someone it happened to (a collector).

7 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

On a kinda related point re: the woman fired by CBS, some friends of mine have a daughter who's a freshman in college, and very progressive in her politics. What's troubling them is she has frequently vented on Facebook with a lot of shocking profanities aimed at specific conservative individuals.

They're worried about this coming back to haunt her someday, as she might apply to Harvard Law and other elite schools, and she fancies a future as an attorney. I think law schools and prospective employers are known to look into an applicant's online history. She doesn't seem to have an online rhetorical filter. Not good.

The dumb CBS gal just gave up an incredibly good, hard to get job, with a single Facebook post. Well done.

2 hours ago, Mark68 said:

Don't try to preemptively deny the truth.  The MSM is in the bag for the dems and the way they pandered to Obama and Hillary was revolting to anyone with a lick of common sense.  I don't like Trump either but the race baiter Obama did more to divide this country than anyone in my lifetime. I wonder if the shooter used some of Obama and Holders fast n furious weapons?

6 hours ago, nate said:

He bought legal kits to convert his guns to fully automatic

Just stop. Once again, you are making it up as you go.  There is no legal way to convert a gun to full auto.  No permit.  Nada.  If someone sold it to him it was a federal crime.

48 minutes ago, TSD said:

Every purchase goes through NICS and if you buy a lot of guns they will pay you a visit to ask why. I know someone it happened to (a collector).

Thats if ypure buying through a store. Private transfer it doesnt (as far as i know). But the background check is different than actually registering.