• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017 MLB Playoffs Thread

Ohtaniland

On October 4, 2017 at 7:44 PM, WeatherWonk said:

Really, you should just sign up for Sling TV. 20.00 gets you one month + seven free days. And you get both TBS and FS1 which has all the games until the WS. Then, the WS is on Fox Broadcast. You can cancel after one month. No contract.

On October 4, 2017 at 8:07 PM, WeatherWonk said:

Potentially 37 playoff games on TV PLUS 27 other TV  channels for a month for 20.00 OR listening on ESPN for free?

Not much of a decision to me.

On October 4, 2017 at 8:40 PM, WeatherWonk said:

You had to PAY for ESPN on cable or SAT to watch it on your phone or tablet.

I never said you were watching it on cable. I just said you had to subscribe to ESPN to watch the one playoff game on the ESPN app.  I figured you were watching in on a 5,5 inch screen. Which, of course, is very exciting for some.

Me, I'm watching the games in 55 inches of 4k beauty for 20.00/month. And for only one month. And on my mobile devices, if I want.

So, how did that work out for you? 

I haven't seen a whole lot of the post-season, but some of the highlights I have seen are Jeff Mathis homering off Clayton Kershaw.  That's just baseball.  Bryce Harper's game tying 2 run homer.  I love watching him hit.  My wife and I were about to go out for a bite to eat and when she asked me if I was ready to go, I said, "Let me just watch Bryce Harper hit this homer first..." and then he did.

Didn't see it, but I love the fact that Jose Altuve hit 3 homers in the first game of their series.  Again... that's baseball for you.  Anything can happen.

54 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I haven't seen a whole lot of the post-season, but some of the highlights I have seen are Jeff Mathis homering off Clayton Kershaw.  That's just baseball.  Bryce Harper's game tying 2 run homer.  I love watching him hit.  My wife and I were about to go out for a bite to eat and when she asked me if I was ready to go, I said, "Let me just watch Bryce Harper hit this homer first..." and then he did.

Didn't see it, but I love the fact that Jose Altuve hit 3 homers in the first game of their series.  Again... that's baseball for you.  Anything can happen.

We have baseball all day today. Should be some great games. 

I think a lot of people are in shock that Mathis belted a home run off of Kershaw. People on here mock Mathis on every chance they can get. It's pretty funny, though! I would put Mathis in the discussion as worst hitters of all time but at least he is a good defender and game caller behind the plate. Then again, we all know that Kershaw just hasn't been good overall in his postseason career. He has pitched some great games but overall, just hasn't pitch like the Kershaw of the regular season. It's like we expect the worst to happen to him at this time of the year. 

18 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Looks like the early start time on a Monday is affecting the attendance at Fenway 

Mighty Redsox Nation is afraid of a little moisture?

pussies.

Other observations..

AJ sure likes to talk about himself.

Porcello is starting to locate.

Sweet Caroline is really starting to grate my nerves.

George Springer is good.