• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017 MLB Playoffs Thread

Ohtaniland

2 hours ago, ThomasSutpen said:

They've basically found a creative way to make Robbie Ray a nonfactor in the NLDS to protect a 5th inning lead for a couple more innings. I guess that's a real bold strategy and one that Cotton would approve of, if I wouldn't. Playing scared; well on their way to the golf course where Robbie Ray will be really fresh after his epic 2.1 low leverage postseason innings.

Pitching game 2 and then if game 5 happens, that on regular rest. But ok sure thing bud

5 minutes ago, HALOS23 said:

I think Kershaw's playoff ERA went up after yesterday. 

4.63 career ERA in the postseason now. Choked in the postseason in 2009, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and at this pace, will do so again in 2017. Dude gets so many chance at redeeming himself in the postseason but still comes up small every single time. How more chances is this guy going to get at redeeming himself in the postseason? It's ridiculous.

25 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

4.63 career ERA in the postseason now. Choked in the postseason in 2009, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and at this pace, will do so again in 2017. Dude gets so many chance at redeeming himself in the postseason but still comes up small every single time. How more chances is this guy going to get at redeeming himself in the postseason? It's ridiculous.

This is such an overblown narrative.  Last night he didn’t choke, the game was never in question.  If you give up a couple runs early in the post season you’ll have a higher era because pitchers seldom go deep into games.  

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

This is such an overblown narrative.  Last night he didn’t choke, the game was never in question.  If you give up a couple runs early in the post season you’ll have a higher era because pitchers seldom go deep into games.  

I think that this postseason has taught baseball fans that no leads of like 5-6 runs are safe. If I remember correctly, the Diamondbacks were a home run away from making it a one run game. As soon as the 7th inning started and Kershaw was still on the mound, I felt like he was going to struggle because he has had a history of struggling once the game reaches the 7th inning. And he did struggle again last night.

Yes, yes you can because he did. Until he can redeem himself Trout is in the books as choking in the playoffs. 

Youdon't get to play selective history just because it's your guy but to put it into perspective, Kershaw has had more success than Trout in the playoffs because Trout has none.  

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

i'm not one to criticize players for "choking", because i don't really believe in it all that much, but kershaw has had ample opportunity to carry his greatness into the post season, and he's failed to do that in quite a shitload of innings now.

21 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Yes, yes you can because he did. Until he can redeem himself Trout is in the books as choking in the playoffs. 

Youdon't get to play selective history just because it's your guy but to put it into perspective, Kershaw has had more success than Trout in the playoffs because Trout has none.  

Yeah but the choke artist has had way more chances of playing in the postseason than Trout has. I don't label so-and/so a "choke artist" based on one bad postseason. But Kershaw deserves the label. He's been to the postseason in 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017. Trout has only been to one postseason. I won't count the 2008 postseason though since he sucked as a rookie back then. On top of that, Kershaw has pitched at his security blanket that pitcher friendly Dodgers Stadium for like almost half of his postseason starts and still sucks overall in the postseason. That makes it even better. Trout has hit a home run in the postseason but of course, you were being disrespectful and said that home run was "luck". He belted 36 home runs that year. It wasn't like it was a cheap home run like Judge's against the the Twins in the WC game. Luck, my (bleep)!

1 hour ago, JustATroutFan said:

Yeah but the choke artist has had way more chances of playing in the postseason than Trout has. I don't label so-and/so a "choke artist" based on one bad postseason. But Kershaw deserves the label. He's been to the postseason in 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017. Trout has only been to one postseason. I won't count the 2008 postseason though since he sucked as a rookie back then. On top of that, Kershaw has pitched at his security blanket that pitcher friendly Dodgers Stadium for like almost half of his postseason starts and still sucks overall in the postseason. That makes it even better. Trout has hit a home run in the postseason but of course, you were being disrespectful and said that home run was "luck". He belted 36 home runs that year. It wasn't like it was a cheap home run like Judge's against the the Twins in the WC game. Luck, my (bleep)!

Try TroutWins.com