• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

RIP Hugh Hefner

JAHV76

We had 2 bachelors living next to us when I was a kid in the early 70's.  They moved out and got married when I was 13.  They had stuff in their garage that they weren't taking and told us to go through it and take what we wanted.

There were a few 2 to 3 foot stacks of Playboy magazines and my father, being the thoughtful man that he was, brought them over into our garage.  When I found this treasure trove in our garage, I couldn't believe it.  I tried my best to casually ask my dad what he was going to do with them and he mumbled something I didn't quite understand.  Then I deciphered the mumbling to mean my father was telling me that he was going to keep them.  Yes!!!!  Eureka, we've struck gold!!!!!

Then, all of a sudden, it all came crashing down on me when my mother went into the garage to look at the stuff my father brought over and saw the stacks.  She promptly instructed my father to throw them out.  What?????  I just experienced sheer elation and now my mother wanted to crush me?  At that very moment, I devised a clever plan to smuggle as many as I could into my bedroom one magazine at a time.  I would sneak into the garage and put one magazine in the seat of my pants and walk into the house and go into my bedroom.  I couldn't do this often or I might raise suspicion.  I also had two very nosy sisters.  Where there is a will, there is a way!

I was able to pull this off and brought in at least 7-8 magazines and put them them between my mattress and box spring.  Then trash day came and the rest were thrown out.  I suspect we made the the trash guys very happy.  In those days, trash guys would manually throw trash into the truck.

I enjoyed my time spent with these magazines until one day, I discovered them gone.  My mother found them and threw them out when changing my bed sheets.  Why my mother decided to change my sheets when I normally did that, I don't know.  My sisters had no problem telling me how my mother found them.

Fond memories and good times.      

Finding the bunny ears on the cover, was probably the second best thing about the magazine.  Sometimes it was grade school where's waldo.  But some of the covers, it really took some time to find it.  

I think going non nude in playboy took 10 years off Hugh's life.