• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Scioscia on protesting during the anthem

Chuck

1 minute ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

@Dtwncbad The NFL allows its players to protest during the anthem. There has been squawking about it, but they have not done anything about it. 

1. Why do you think that is?

2. Since you seem to be most concerned with employers maintaining their rights to control their employees, are you OK with the protests as long as the league makes no rule against them?

If the owners dont care then it is what it is.  I would release 100% of the position that they are being rude to the owners.

All that would be left if the conclusion that symbolism over substance (a look at me moment over actual work to make a difference) isn't the most respectable thing.

44 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I was just predicting his next post. 

There is no next post.  I've been clear and it's not complicated.  This thread for me was about discussing an issue and sharing opinions.  This thread for someone else was a way to keep delivering "I'm too cool, way cooler than you."

And that's a message board for you.

5 hours ago, yk9001 said:

The entertainment of a KC Oakland game.. and people are concerned about a raised fist while on the clock.

You folks are just looking for something to butt hurt about.

Would you be butt hurt if I showed up at one of your family members' funeral and raised a fist and knelt?

My grandma's funeral was catholic.  I remember quite a few kneeling.

But to answer your question, I would not be butt hurt if you came to a family member's funeral and raised a fist and knelt.

TBH, I'd be scared as hell, as in, "what is this stranger doing, and what is he going to do next, b/c he's obv batshit crazy!"

19 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Dude, I am not watching any four hour baseball games, so they can stand for cancer all they want.

In a GREAT piece of news, the NFL shitcanned the whole PINKTOBER bullshit this year.  HOORAY! No fucking pink socks.  No pink towels. No pink cheerleaders.  It is FRIGGING AWESOME.

You are a misogynist.

2 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

My grandma's funeral was catholic.  I remember quite a few kneeling.

But to answer your question, I would not be butt hurt if you came to a family member's funeral and raised a fist and knelt.

TBH, I'd be scared as hell, as in, "what is this stranger doing, and what is he going to do next, b/c he's obv batshit crazy!"

There you have it. 

It would be an inappropriate thing to do. I have the RIGHT to do it, but it is WRONG.

34 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

There you have it. 

It would be an inappropriate thing to do. I have the RIGHT to do it, but it is WRONG.

Actually I’m not sure you have the right to show up at a strangers funeral and do that.  You do have the right to be a moron, so you’ve got that going for you, well done.

On 10/20/2017 at 12:09 PM, yk9001 said:

thanks, YK. Still not really seeing anything tangible to this, but maybe that will be more visible over time.

"The purpose of the protests was to seize the attention of those who might otherwise have paid it none and to use moral suasion to change minds, and it seems to have worked on no less than John Mara."

51 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I stand corrected.  They showed the whole national anthem on TV for the ram game. 

I wish I could have warned all of you who get triggered. 

I missed it, I was busy watch the Grand Prix in Austin Texas as they sang the national anthem. No one took a knee.