• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Scioscia on protesting during the anthem

Chuck

22 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

No guys, its not racial.  But every single person castigating the NFL players on my facebook is either (or several)

• Trump voters
  • Self-proclaimed "rednecks"
  • Have confederate flags
  • Send racist fwd: fwd emails

But, no.  This has not one iota due to race.  Nothing.

Oh on Facebook?  Where all the normal, mature, not interested in "look at me" people discuss things intelligently?

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Then turn on the game at kickoff.  Voila!

Of course.  But the point I stick to is the owners dont want their audience to have to actively manage their exposure to the GAME to only get the game.  That's the point.

I would be tickled if they all got fired and sports could simply be sports.

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

Of course.  But the point I stick to is the owners dont want their audience to have to actively manage their exposure to the GAME to only get the game.  That's the point.

I would be tickled if they all got fired and sports could simply be sports.

Then the owners should go to the networks and tell them to stay in studio.  I’m not in favor of firing all of them because I’d rather watch the best players and not scrubs.  But I have no problem with an owner doing it.  They will lose a TON in the short term. 

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

found this online...pretty much covers it:

Kaepernick...the man that turned football from something fun to watch to a bitter sad event and now he's complaining. Football used to mean : a fun game, wings, beer, hot dogs. Now it sucks!

Holy fucking melting snowflakes.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

found this online...pretty much covers it:

Kaepernick...the man that turned football from something fun to watch to a bitter sad event and now he's complaining. Football used to mean : a fun game, wings, beer, hot dogs. Now it sucks!

OMG.  That had to be written by a teenage girl.

#snowfuckingflakes

Is there any halftime field entertainment going on anymore because the moment the last stupid sideline interview with a coach is completed we don't see the field until the kickoff.

That would a perfect time for the band and baton twirlers to stop mid performance, take a knee for 30 seconds while writing out BLM then go on with the show. 

Nobody understands showmanship these days. Except, maybe the Stanford band. 

Screen_Shot_2014-10-25_at_4.01.25_PM.0.p

28 minutes ago, red321 said:

Are you equating people kneeling during the anthem to protest a social injustice to people trying to burn the flag?

That's just asinine. You should give back your GED in embarrassment.

You should probably get your head out of Louis Farrakhan’s ass and take a deep breathe before you use personal attacks to make your point. The million man march is something you might want to participate in next time it happens.