• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Scioscia on protesting during the anthem

Chuck

18 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Here's a shocker. The forefathers of Calzone and dwntn didn't think there should be a march on Washington.

2300-galluppoll1963-1024x528.jpg&w=1484

I make a concise, clear, simple point that I don't think people should be making political protests at WORK which has absolutely nothing to do with race, and this is where you take it?

I even slow it down with examples of pizza delivery guys talking politics or waiters lecturing us before they tell us about the soup of the day. .  .

And you find yourself mentally here.

You are not a clear thinker.  Congratualtions.  You are the perfect sheep for disgusting politicians to exploit.

You have issues buddy.

Now throw me one of those "I'm edgy and cool" zingers instead of having a moment of accountability.

10 hours ago, Tank said:

My question remains - are the protests actually accomplishing anything fruitful? 

Have the kneelers made any demands, i.e. specifically what needs to happen for them to stop kneeling?

I haven't seen the numbers but even if there are less shootings I don't think you can draw a direction between one and the other.

Regardless, I really don't feel like they are disrespecting anything I just don't watch football so I can be reminded how crappy our country is.  I watch it for an escape, so football is basically unwatchable because a lot of what they are talking about are these protests.

9 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I make a concise, clear, simple point that I don't think people should be making political protests at WORK which has absolutely nothing to do with race, and this is where you take it?

I even slow it down with examples of pizza delivery guys talking politics or waiters lecturing us before they tell us about the soup of the day. .  .

You are not a clear thinker.  Congratualtions.  You are the perfect sheep for disgusting politicians to exploit.

You have issues buddy.

Now throw me one of those "I'm edgy and cool" zingers instead of having a moment of accountability.

I don't think his response was directed at you.  I also believe thinking that race has nothing to do with this is naive.  There is still a veil of dark racism in this country.  I am seeing it become more prevalent in younger people.  So while I don't think everyone who has a problem with these protests are racists, I do think racism itself plays a part.

Edited by mtangelsfan

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

I don't think his response was directed at you.  I also thinking that race has nothing to do with this is naive.  There is still a veil of dark racism in this country.  I am seeing it become more prevalent in younger people.  So while I don't think everyone who has a problem with these protests are racists, I do think racism itself plays a part.

Race has nothing to do with MY point.  And yet he references me personally in some crazy point about people wanting to opress.

Reckless and rude.

11 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

You have issues buddy.

The part you are ignoring is you aren't ordering pizza from that pizza place because of the abilities of that pizza delivery guy.  You aren't going to that restaurant because of that waiter.  You are however watching football because of the workers.  They are the product.  I have been to many concerts where the talent goes into their political beliefs.  If I like the product I tolerate it, just as it appears a vast majority of NFL fans are doing now.  

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Race has nothing to do with MY point.  And yet he references me personally in some crazy point about people wanting to opress.

Reckless and rude.

NO but his point is white america has never been ok with black america protesting in any way.  At least I believe that was his point.  

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

This thread needs to move to the political forum because it lost its way from the OP which was baseball related. 

Interesting point.  The irony is you don't like not being able to just enjoy sports without politics contaminating your experience.

Today's politics are nasty and dishonest and toxic.

It's no wonder people don't like it messing us their 3 hour escape watching a football game.

So I hear you.

Just now, Glen said:

If this protest ruins the entire fame for you then my god, you're the most fragile of snowflakes. Quit watching the game and huddle in the corner for three hours.

If you are talking to me, who said it ruined the entire game for me?

I also don't like the DH.  Does that make me a snowflake?

5 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Are cops shooting less black guys for the crime of being black?

i have no idea. is there any statistical info to show that shootings have decreased because of the kneeling NFL players? if so, i hope someone will share it.

I am a huge pro football fan.  I devour it.  I can't even think of the last time I saw a protest on tv.  I think it was week 3 or so when the Cowboys and Jerry Jones did that idiotic 'kneel-then-rise' thing (did they rehearse that?)

@Dtwncbad, when was the last time you saw a protest, while these gentlemen were working, that so sickened you?

Pizza guys don't deliver protests when their customers don't like it because they are fungible.  Fire one, the next one is perfectly adequate.

Michael Bennett protests, and he is not replaceable.  To the victors go the spoils.

Colin Kaepernick protested, and the 32 clubs decided that he wasn't worth it, considering

• the hatred of fans toward him
  • his talent
  • the position he plays

AND his idiotic gf tweets pics of the Baltimore management in a slave/master relationship.  There goes that job.

If the players are valuable enough, they won't get fired.  Tom Brady could shit on Robert Kraft's luxury box couch and give all but a nazi salute.  He's going nowhere.

If they arent' talented enough, like Kaep, they lost jobs.

System seems to work fine for me.  Sorry, snowflakes.

22 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I am a huge pro football fan.  I devour it.  I can't even think of the last time I saw a protest on tv.  I think it was week 3 or so when the Cowboys and Jerry Jones did that idiotic 'kneel-then-rise' thing (did they rehearse that?)

@Dtwncbad, when was the last time you saw a protest, while these gentlemen were working, that so sickened you?

Pizza guys don't deliver protests when their customers don't like it because they are fungible.  Fire one, the next one is perfectly adequate.

Michael Bennett protests, and he is not replaceable.  To the victors go the spoils.

Colin Kaepernick protested, and the 32 clubs decided that he wasn't worth it, considering

• the hatred of fans toward him
  • his talent
  • the position he plays

AND his idiotic gf tweets pics of the Baltimore management in a slave/master relationship.  There goes that job.

If the players are valuable enough, they won't get fired.  Tom Brady could shit on Robert Kraft's luxury box couch and give all but a nazi salute.  He's going nowhere.

If they arent' talented enough, like Kaep, they lost jobs.

System seems to work fine for me.  Sorry, snowflakes.

I dont recall saying it "sickened me."  But for 47 millionth time in a discussion on a message board someone puts up a false target to argue against.

I think it is wrong to protest at work because it isn't your time.  It is your company/your employers time.

By all means go berserk with your social cause on your own time.

My position really could not be any more clear but you have me, if I can get them all in without forgetting one:

-"Sickened"

-Against people protesting

-Descendents of disgusting racists (not so subtly calling me a racist)

-A soft snowflake

I am pretty confident any normal person with no agenda who can read and comprehend simple sentences would conclude you are 0-4 on the four bullet points above.

I think cutting your toenails at work is wrong too.  I suppose I am nauseous, against personal hygeine, decendents of filthy disease spreaders, and sure throw in the snowflake again.