• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ Andrelton Simmons plays against one of his favorites: Francisco Lindor

AngelsWin.com

ANAHEIM — This week’s series at Angel Stadium gives Andrelton Simmons a chance to see one of the shortstops he most admires.

“He’s the type of shortstop that I would create,” Simmons said of the Cleveland Indians’ Francisco Lindor. “He does everything well. He hits from both sides. He does everything you could ask.”

Lindor is also the shortstop who won the American League Gold Glove last year, over Simmons. Simmons had won Gold Gloves in the 2013 and ’14 in the National League.

Simmons said he didn’t expect to win, because he missed more than a month last season with a wrist injury.

As for this year?

“I think I have a chance, but it’s not in my hands,” he said.

In the most recent listing of the all-encompassing defensive metric that supplements the voting of the coaches and managers for the Gold Glove, Simmons had a sizable lead. Simmons had a rating of 15.2. Texas’ Elvis Andrus was second at 6.3. Lindor was fifth, at 2.0.

Simmons said he’s not concerned with the Gold Glove now.

“It’s a nice bonus, but nothing you can focus on,” he said. “The biggest thing right now is if we can win enough games to make the playoffs.”

View the full article

Lindor wins it this year  - and every year........the gold gloves are lost not really won.

once a guy wins it, it seems he wins it each year after that.

Simmons is incredible. So is Lindor.

Could built a team around either one of them.

Lindor - like several Cleveland players this year -- is having an incredible season with the bat and always with the glove.