• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trout's last 30 games

Angelsjunky

I don't mean to pile on the Trout hate but I stated earlier in the month that MVPs do not go on 0-17 stretches and they don't fall into the funk that Trout is in right now.  He's just not playing like an MVP this season and that's okay.  It's been a disappointing season for the team but the Angels are making it exciting despite Trout's struggles.

16 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I don't mean to pile on the Trout hate but I stated earlier in the month that MVPs do not go on 0-17 stretches and they don't fall into the funk that Trout is in right now.  He's just not playing like an MVP this season and that's okay.  It's been a disappointing season for the team but the Angels are making it exciting despite Trout's struggles.

Yes, thank god the rest of the Angels have picked Trout up to make it an exciting season, despite Trout's struggles.....

2 hours ago, Calzone said:

Adam, the team sucks and I think you understand that. Calling out now Trout for his last 3 weeks of work when the entire team has failed to complete at a high level for 75% of the season is being unfair.

You realize he's only calling him out for those three weeks, right?  When he hasn't been himself.  He isn't calling him out for his body of work.  Just the last three weeks.  

2 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

We dont need to, anymore. We have SMART phones! 

BTW, you must be some kind of anti-Christ moderator for AW. Your posts over the last few days have been scathing, with respect to the Angels. And I thought I was bitter about the Angel organization. 

You're actually making Stradling look congenial, by comparison. 

The Old Stradling, anyway. Not the New Stradling, with the sarcastic, hit-and-run, one-liners and the turn-the-other-cheek one liners. I actually like the new one much better. He seems much more civil.

Something's amiss.................the AW world is shifting on it's axis. 

Hey donkey I am the same dude, take your back handed compliments and shove them up your bum, with all due respect.  

Hopefully you find the humor in this, kinda.

Edited by Stradling

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You realize he's only calling him out for those three weeks, right?  When he hasn't been himself.  He isn't calling him out for his body of work.  Just the last three weeks.  

Adam can call him out for September and I'll accept that but I'm calling out the rest of the team except maybe Simmons who's playing pretty damn good baseball. The situation we are in now goes far beyond Trouts September. Remember that we started this season with Maybin and Espinosa.

Harper is hitting .000 / .000 / .000 /.000 this September and they're not concerned because they're not a one trick pony.

1 minute ago, Troll Daddy said:

Trout's a great player but is he worth a ten year deal $400M deal? Personally, there isn't a player  on the planet I would offer that kind of deal.

Yes, he is.  He's worth what the market will pay and if Stanton is worth $325 million certainly Trout is worth much more.

This is where we begin to wonder if the owners of half the MLB teams can stay in much longer.   When players start pulling in $40 million/season, that starts to fill in to the luxury tax threshold pretty quickly.    Seems like just the other day that max salaries were several million/year. 

Concur though that if anyone deserves it, it's Trout based on his first 6 MLB seasons.

1 hour ago, WeatherWonk said:

Any serious baseball fan, knew what year you were talking about, regardless of his age.

Heck, any decent Angel fan remembers 2005. The year Josh Paul realized he should have joined the Professional Bowling tour. Where you have a much better chance of getting a strike, when you roll a ball along the ground.

all these years later and we're still throwing ol' josh under the bus. that was on eddings, not paul.

Here's another way to put what Adam is saying...these two statements are NOT mutually exclusive:

1) Trout has been mediocre and disappointing over the last few weeks, when the team has needed him most.

2) Trout is the best player in baseball, and one of the best in history and, gosh darn it, I'm so happy he's an Angel.

47 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

1) Trout has been mediocre and disappointing over the last few weeks, when the team has needed him most.

It kinda seems like the team needs him to perform at a high level all the time. Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, Bryce Harper has been out for a month and the rest of the team didn't all go crawl under a rock. 

The rest of the Angels team needs to step it up unless they are all willing to put a Trout logo on the front of their uniforms. 

Who named Trout the captain of the team anyways. We are chasing the Twins for gosh sakes, that alone should explain what type of TEAM we have. 

This team is a patchwork, held together by scotch tape and cross-your-fingers-and-wish-for-the-best.

Take the offense: Simmons is slumping, Pujols is old and slow, Maldonado is exhausted, Phillips is meh, and Cron and Valbuena get hot for a week or two, then disappear for a month. Trout was a reliable and consistently good performer and now he's slumping.

8 minutes ago, Calzone said:

It kinda seems like the team needs him to perform at a high level all the time. Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, Bryce Harper has been out for a month and the rest of the team didn't all go crawl under a rock. 

The rest of the Angels team needs to step it up unless they are all willing to put a Trout logo on the front of their uniforms. 

Who named Trout the captain of the team anyways. We are chasing the Twins for gosh sakes, that alone should explain what type of team we have. 

So I'll re-phrase for you. These two statements are not mutually exclusive:

1) Trout is awesome, but the team is mediocre overall and needs to be improved as he can't carry it on his own - no one can

2) Trout has been mediocre over the last few weeks, not stepping up when it most matters

2 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

Trout's a great player but is he worth a ten year deal $400M deal? Personally, there isn't a player  on the planet I would offer that kind of deal.

Well you'll first have to acquire $400M TD, not everything can be financed.... :dancing-with-joy-smiley-emoticon:

50 minutes ago, Calzone said:

Who named Trout the captain of the team anyways. We are chasing the Twins for gosh sakes, that alone should explain what type of TEAM we have. 

this is a weird post. you demean the team for not having much talent, but then criticize them for not being able to catch the twins. and yet it's somehow a good summary of how some see this team. "they're a lousy team outside of trout,  but why can't those bastards catch up to the crappy twins?"

54 minutes ago, Calzone said:

That would be a great thing to say in a thread that isn't specifically about Trout struggling. 

22 hours ago, Dochalo said:

walks and gets CS

runners at 1st and 3rd with one out.  Check swing out on ROC play.  

bases loaded sac fly.  

solo hr (down 4-1).  

looks ok in the box score.  in real life he didn't get the job done.  

There is no doubt in my mind we would be holding a wild card spot had Trout played like Trout in the month of September.  My hope is that he has hit the ball hard yesterday and maybe he is getting his timing back and he starts to carry this team on its back the last 12 games.  If Trout wants to play in the playoffs he needs to play average ball for himself.  Not average ball for the typical baseball player.