• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trout's last 30 games

Angelsjunky

13 hours ago, Dochalo said:

walks and gets CS

runners at 1st and 3rd with one out.  Check swing out on ROC play.  

bases loaded sac fly.  

solo hr (down 4-1).  

looks ok in the box score.  in real life he didn't get the job done.  

This is why we don't deserve nice things.  Best player in the history of the franchise may not finish in the top 2 in MVP voting for the first time in his career.  It will only be top 5.  And we shit on him.

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

This is why we don't deserve nice things.  Best player in the history of the franchise may not finish in the top 2 in MVP voting for the first time in his career.  It will only be top 5.  And we shit on him.

I'm definitely not going to blame anything on Trout.  However, for all the talk of getting him to the postseason he has had plenty of chances to affect that the last couple weeks.  He has come up 23 times with RISP since Aug. 18 and has 3 hits.  Angels wouldn't be where they are without him, but he's taken a dip the past month and it is likely the difference between them having a wild card spot or not.  So, on one hand, he's a big reason they don't have a wild card spot at the moment.  On the other hand, he's the biggest reason they are even close.

41 minutes ago, Adam said:

You can love Trout, be grateful he's here, think he's the best and still state the obvious. He's been a huge letdown this month

I can't put any blame on Trout. He's human and can get fatigued. They've talked about building a championship type team around him for years but there's quite a few players that didn't get the memo. Just look at some of the pathetic numbers floating around our lineup card. We expect Trout to win with this?

Calhoun .247?

Valbuena .199?

Pujols .247?

Phillips .259?

Cron .258? 

I think the Nats have like 5-6 guys hitting .300 or better in their lineup.

The Astros have like 5 guys hitting over .290.

We are so fixated with trying to catch the crappy Twins for the second wild card birth.

The real issue is how the F did we end up trailing the Astros by 15 games while playing the same competition. The Astros were way ahead of us long before Trouts mini slump. So the problem is much deeper than that. 

IMG_7496.PNG

He hasn't been a letdown to me.  His 'disappointing' numbers are still better than the numbers for the shoe clerks and crumb bums who inhabit this team.

His huge letdown month: .869 OPS

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=troutmi01&year=2017&t=b

Pujols, during his resurgence month: .816 OPS

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=pujolal01&year=2017&t=b

F the Haterz

Just now, Calzone said:

I can't put any blame on Trout. He's human and can get fatigued. They've talked about building a championship type team around him for years but there's quite a few players that didn't get the memo. Just look at some of the pathetic numbers floating around our lineup card. We expect Trout to win with this?

Calhoun .247?

Valbuena .199?

Pujols .247?

Phillips .259?

Cron .258? 

I think the Nats have like 5-6 guys hitting .300 or better in their lineup.

The Astros have like 5 guys hitting over .290.

We are so fixated with trying to catch the crappy Twins for the second wild card birth.

The real issue is how the F we did we end up trailing the Astros by 15 games while playing the same competition. The Astros were way ahead of us long before Trouts mini slump. So the problem is much deeper than that. 

IMG_7496.PNG

My God,  no one fucking understands anything anymore. 

4 minutes ago, Calzone said:

Adam, the team sucks and I think you understand that. Calling out now Trout for his last 3 weeks of work when the entire team has failed to complete at a high level for 75% of the season is being unfair.

This is a thread about Trout. Other threads about other players and the team in general are out there. It is not objectively possible to conclude that Trout has been anything but disappointing in September. He has!

It doesn't mean others haven't. It doesn't mean he isn't the best player in baseball. 

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

This is a thread about Trout. Other threads about other players and the team in general are out there. It is not objectively possible to conclude that Trout has been anything but disappointing in September. He has!

It doesn't mean others haven't. It doesn't mean he isn't the best player in baseball. 

I don't expect him to play at a consistent 1.150 OPS every week, every month of the season.  So when he dips down to 0.869, I realize its part of the game.  Hence, I am not disappointed.  I am still ecstatic he is on our team.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

My God,  no one fucking understands anything anymore. 

We dont need to, anymore. We have SMART phones! 

BTW, you must be some kind of anti-Christ moderator for AW. Your posts over the last few days have been scathing, with respect to the Angels. And I thought I was bitter about the Angel organization. 

You're actually making Stradling look congenial, by comparison. 

The Old Stradling, anyway. Not the New Stradling, with the sarcastic, hit-and-run, one-liners and the turn-the-other-cheek one liners. I actually like the new one much better. He seems much more civil.

Something's amiss.................the AW world is shifting on it's axis.