• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Twins Can't Fail

playball89

Twins gonna fail tonight.  Molitor giving games away.  Gets 6 surprising innings from old man colon.  Brings him out for the 7th.  Leaves him after 4 pitch walk.  Next guy doubles. Lead gone. Molitor another's idiotic manager.  

When the Twins miss the playoffs, Molitor should be reminded of that decision. 

On 9/14/2017 at 11:35 PM, playball89 said:

Twins won't even lose 4 games for the rest of their schedule, they stack up against every team they face and win every matchup on paper.  Please tell me I'm making this up and dislike this post.

Looks like the Twins are down to losing only twice more this season.

This is a great jinx thread and I hope the power of it continues

I too agree that the Twins cannot fail and in fact I think it's time to tip our caps and congratulate them on getting the 2nd WC. What a season for the Twins! Expected to finish in last place and end up making the playoffs. They DID IT

21 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

This is a great jinx thread and I hope the power of it continues

I too agree that the Twins cannot fail and in fact I think it's time to tip our caps and congratulate them on getting the 2nd WC. What a season for the Twins! Expected to finish in last place and end up making the playoffs. They DID IT

Good for them. It's been a long time coming for that wonderful organization and it's loyal fans. 

We should model ours like the Twins. 

What happened to my SCENARIO????????? It appears to be dung!

Still possible, but I cant see MINN winning more than one in NY. Same goes for the Angels against the Indians. Stasis, likely. But it will be interesting to see if Tito starts resting regulars, now that the division is won. 

SEA and TEX feel out of it, at this point. One of them is going to have to sweep the other, to have any realistic shot. Both are five back of MINN in the loss column. 

I know, but I think Tito wants to get some of his strong, young bench some ABs, leading up to the playoffs. I am wondering if Naquin and/or Allen will make the playoff roster. Brantley is simply not making progress on that ankle sprain. Still cant run. And neither Chiselhall nor Ramirez could go, yesterday. Cleveland is still banged up, like they have been most all season. I dont think Kipnis and Brantley have been in the lineup together since early August. The Indians are not as good with Ramirez playing second and Urshela and/or Gonzales playing third. Kipnis at 2nd, Ramirez at third is a stronger lineup.

Interesting that Kipnis finally returned and played CF, not 2nd. Maybe Tito is giving Kipnis some innings out there, in case Brantley can't make the playoff roster. A left-handed option to Austin Jackson. The loss of Zimmer looms very large, especially defensively.

Boy, if Upton decides to walk, we should talk to CLE about their surplus of young outfielders. They have a lot of them. Allen, Naquin, Zimmer, Guyer;  although Guyer isnt that young.

21 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

The Twins will win the wild card game 16-0, then sweep the ALDS, ALCS, and the World Series.

They can't fail. It's not possible!

Actually they will go 18-0.

How can that happen if they only play 16 games you ask?  MLB will credit them with 2 extra wins to acknowledge their supreme awesomeness, that's how.

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

At this point, to win the 2nd WC without a one game playoff, the Halos likely have to go 10-3 as I can't see the Twins going any worse than 7-6 since they play the toothless Tiggers 7 times in the next 2 weeks.

By the way, is Detroit still in MLB? 

the tigers pitcher yesterday pitched a one-hitter.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

the tigers pitcher yesterday pitched a one-hitter.

Did anyone else see the game he pitched before the near no-hitter? I did. It was against Cleveland, in Cleveland. He was in a bit of trouble but he kept getting out of it by making these great pitches. For a lefty, in my book, that's having the guts to pitch RHH on the inside of the plate with the fast ball. 93-95. He complemented that will a great slow curve to righties that would catch the outside corner. 

I believe he lost 2-0 to the Indians (no shame there, given how they were steamrolling opponents) but I came away thinking, "this guy definitely has a future.!" The rare Tiger bright spot.

So, I'm tuning by the scoreboard on the AT Bat app yesterday, and I see that someone has a no-hitter going for the Tigers. I knew in a second, that it had to be Boyd.

I saw that.   Didn't they send his performance to Ripley's?

Unfortunately, he's only scheduled to pitch once against the Twins these next two weeks, opposing a red hot Kyle Gibson.   Colon only pitches once against the toothless Tiggers.   Guaranteed 5-2, and likely 6-1, Twins record in those games; and likely a clinching of the 2nd WC!