• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Albert won't last another year

SigBaby

13 hours ago, Puget Sound Angel said:

Just like Kobe did not walk away from the $40 million on the last two years of his contract, no way Albert walks either.

Two completely different personalities. Kobe was driven by the the desire to be better than Michael; Albert doesn't have that kind of goal to be the GOAT.

41 minutes ago, SigBaby said:

Twice off the wall in Seattle he's been held to a single. One of them was left center and the other was the left field corner. The one in left center was crucial as it was to lead off the 9th

I think that makes it 3 times this week? It's funny because he's been this slow all year, he just has been sucking too much for us to notice. He's finally hot enough to hit three balls off the wall and end up with singles. Last month they would've been 3 pop ups.

33 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I don't know that his legs are shot.  I know that he is slow.  I don't know why he is slow.

I also know that he stands at home plate and watches well-hit fly balls.  I see it with my own eyes.

I have never heard any baseball coaching on any level teach standing at home plate after hitting a pitch.

However i am certain you have seen many major leaguers do it.

I've heard a theory that he has been playing a bit conservatively through the year to try to keep his body intact, but is kinda letting it all out there now that we are in the heat of a race. you see him making a lot of slides, which look painful on his legs. I might be crazy (I have been forced to listen to a lot of games, so I haven't been watching a ton - so, its possible there are sample size/memory issues here), but it looks like he is sitting in a much lower position when he is batting recently. It seems possible that that position is harder on his legs, but is easier for him to hit. If this IS whats happening, then who knows? Maybe this run really could force an early retirement out of him. Not necessarily by next year, but sooner than the end of his contract.

I won't defend Albert for watching the well hit fly ball from the batters box.  But to pretend he's just slow because, you know, he's slow, or He's dogging it, is being a dick just to be a dick.  The guys legs are done, period.  Knowing his legs are done makes it worse in my mind that he pimps well hit balls.  

3 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Not many.

And they've all been called dickheads for doing it.

Simmons (on flare to LF), Upton (on his double) and Valbuena (HR that nearly wasn't a HR) all did it yesterday...Valbuena does it every at bat it seems like...he's does that stupid bat flip no matter what and then watchs the ball....

On 9/9/2017 at 10:19 AM, DMVol said:

Hard to know which way it will go....He is a proud guy and that could be a good thing or a bad thing....Too proud to embarrass himself or too proud to quit....we'll see....

If he were to retire after next season, he'd be well liked again for saving the team & allowing the team to spend elsewhere such as on keeping Trout an Angel for life.

If Pujols were to play in the WS in 2017 & hit like .350 in the playoffs & the Angels win, maybe he'd retire.

23 hours ago, stormngt said:

they maybe called dickheads but a lot do it!  And the purist viewpoints hurts baseball.  It needs more emotion in the game.  

It's not emotion. It's a lack of hustle. These players are paid gobs of money to perform their job to the best of their abilities. Standing at home plate while a ball is in play is not doing that. If I'm Scioscia I'd start benching/fining guys for doing it, only way to make it stop.