• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

One move Eppler maybe regretting

Chuck

6 minutes ago, SigBaby said:

Hernandez trade just seemed like trading for the sake of doing something at the deadline

Hernandez trade was making a move when the team had lost four of six and were four games under .500.  I think at that point the front office may have been throwing in the towel...   

Luckily for us.... the team said "no".

14 minutes ago, SigBaby said:

Hernandez trade just seemed like trading for the sake of doing something at the deadline

We will see in the long run if we really got something valuable in return, who really knows at this point?  I think it's a little harsh to say that Eppler was just dumping salary with Hernandez.  Someone in the front office must have felt the trade was worthwhile in the longer run.  And if we don't get the pitching patched up quickly, and a legitimate #1 starter identified, the season could be all for nought anyway as to results.  Personally I think there are a lot of positives that developed this year, we are making progress toward being a legitimate contender.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Releasing Doug Fister. 

I get why at the time, but not is he looking good down the stretch for the Rod Sox after a rough start, giving them solid innings while even racking up strikeouts..

Boy could we use him now. 

I thought it was more a case of Fister not wanting to stay down in AAA any longer?  Didn't he opt out?

4 hours ago, arch stanton said:

After what we saw with Lincecum and Chacin last year I can't believe anyone will lose sleep over cutting loose a struggling veteran pitcher. It didn't really seem like a situation where the potential upside outweighed the potential downside

Chacin has been pretty good this year...

1 minute ago, DMVol said:

Bi-polar pitcher.....actually, Petco would be pretty similar to the Big A, I would think....

I think I remember reading Anaheim had skewed sort of hitter friendly this season. 

I would have liked Chacin back in the Chavez role. They both would have been pretty similar. Chacin did really well out of the pen for us last year and had some great starts too.

We desperately need for Noe Ramirez to continue his surprising solid relief work, for Wood to only be used one inning at a time, for Bedrosian to revert to 2016 form, for Middleton to develop movement on his heater, for Alvarez to dominate LHH's, for Chavez to continue to be rock solid, and for BudLite to start pitching like he did earlier this season.      Those plus Petit and Parker = rock solid pen.

I know, a mountain of a task