• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Vicente Campos and Mike Morin DFA'd

Chuck

19 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I just find it odd that our pen has been brutal and we're still releasing guys with major league arms and experience.  Wouldn't either of those guys have more value than Fontana or even Graterol?  

The pen is struggling but it's not like they're truly this bad. Campos looked terrible in the minors this year and may still not have the endurance to even be worth having up for a September call-up.

Morin may have been useful - but he's no better/worse than the Ramirez, Wood, Guerra, Diaz, Gurka, Salas type guy. 

Fontana had a nice year at SLC and we're dead thin at IF in upper minors and Graterol has been a fantastic back-up catcher.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I just find it odd that our pen has been brutal and we're still releasing guys with major league arms and experience.  Wouldn't either of those guys have more value than Fontana or even Graterol?  

They can't add anyone new now and have them eligible for post season so you have to have 3 catchers on the 40 or you could be hosed by one unfortunate slide or errant foul tip. Morin adds nothing they don't already have and Campos isn't ready 

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

....Wouldn't either of those guys have more value than Fontana or even Graterol?  

No....Morin is awful and there is more than a small big league sample size to prove it....Pounders has a smaller sample size but he is pretty bad too....Fontana is middle infield insurance and he's pinch run a time or two so he has a purpose....and we need 3 catchers, with pinch hitting and pinch running down the stretch...

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

They love Graterol's defense.

As for Fontana, he's the No. 3 SS on the organizational depth chart, after Simmons and Pennington. (Better defensively than Cowart at SS, I believe.)