• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Luiz Gohara: Another Jerry Dipoto gem...

Chuck

5 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

Yeah, right. Dipoto signed Pujols and Hamilton. He made a lot of bad moves, but pinning those on him, and anybody other than Arte, is not fair.

Dipoto came to Arte on both deals... Arte approved, but it was Dipoto who had interest and made the initial contact. 

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

What a terrible trade.

M's fans up here in Seattle have lost patience with Dipoto, but are hopeful they'll make the playoffs. If they don't, they're ready to riot. 

The Seahawks play Sunday. I'm sure most don't even care by now lol and the huskies & Cougs  aren't too bad either 

20 minutes ago, ettin said:

I'm simply saying Vol that he appears comfortable taking risks on shoulder injury guys. It's a whole different matter if they still actually get injured. Makes me wonder if incidence rate is lower based on data that he is aware of.

I'm sure there is some statistical data to support incidence rates, etc.....but with pitchers, it's such a crap shoot, not sure an educated guess is much better than a ouija board....

1 minute ago, DMVol said:

I'm sure there is some statistical data to support incidence rates, etc.....but with pitchers, it's such a crap shoot, not sure an educated guess is much better than a ouija board....

Understood. What I am driving at more and not stating very clearly is that I think Eppler has some carnal (not cardinals :D !) knowledge about shoulder injuries vs. other types such as Tommy John/elbow injuries for instance. Michael Pineda was one of a few shoulder injury guys that the Yankees (or any team for that matter) had while Eppler was with them and there wasn't nearly as much medical data and statistics at that time on shoulder injuries as compared to TMJ guys for example. This is in part why I think Eppler and our staff (and the Yankees) know more than perhaps the average MLB team does (a comparative advantage).

But yes it is all a crap shoot when dealing with pitchers particularly relievers.

1 hour ago, ettin said:

Understood. What I am driving at more and not stating very clearly is that I think Eppler has some carnal (not cardinals :D !) knowledge about shoulder injuries vs. other types such as Tommy John/elbow injuries for instance. Michael Pineda was one of a few shoulder injury guys that the Yankees (or any team for that matter) had while Eppler was with them and there wasn't nearly as much medical data and statistics at that time on shoulder injuries as compared to TMJ guys for example. This is in part why I think Eppler and our staff (and the Yankees) know more than perhaps the average MLB team does (a comparative advantage).

But yes it is all a crap shoot when dealing with pitchers particularly relievers.

I thought Mathis had carnal knowedge about Sosh.

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

Some more Dipoto highlights......and this is just his first year (November '15 through November '16)

• Placed JC Ramirez on outright waivers
    Ramirez in '17 as an Angel: 147 IP, 1.9 WAR - would be near the top for Seattle starters (2nd in IP by 3 IP) in both categories

Thanks, Jerry!

The President from the movie Independence Day talking about Dipoto:

"I saw... its thoughts. I saw what he's planning to do. He's like a locust. He moves from team to team. After he's destroyed their farm system, he moves on... and we're next. Nuke him. Let's nuke the bastard." 

20 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

Link?  I only ask being that is the opposite of what was originally said.

There was a lengthy ESPN article that pretty much went over the AP timeline and JD's involvement..   That entire article was seemingly forgotten about when the signing started to look bad and the blame needed to be passed out..

Hamilton --  I can see that being Arte but there was no question JD was completely involved in the AP chase.   

3 hours ago, NorCal Halo said:

Dipoto is great--for other managers to take advantage of!

It sure didn't take long for his ex-employer to take advantage of him as soon as he came to the Angels. 

Although I feel much better with Eppier, I can not celebrate the philosophical turn around completely as long as Arte is still the owner.