• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Recipe Of The Day: Chocolate Cranberry Zucchini Muffins

Chocolate Zucchini Cranberry Muffins

These absolutely gorgeous Chocolate Cranberry Zucchini Muffins are from a new cookbook that I’m really enjoying right now. It’s called The Cranberry Cookbook, and it’s by none other than Sally Vargas, one of our Simply Recipes contributors!

The pages of this cookbook are full of ideas for incorporating cranberries into every meal of the day.

Didn’t think you needed that many cranberry recipes? Think again! As usual, Sally has hit it out of the park and given us a collection of recipes that are sure to become favorites.

Continue reading "Chocolate Cranberry Zucchini Muffins" »

VcM8aMc6eWk

View the full article

these kinds of healthy alternatives are either a home run or a total bomb.

with the big changes in my diet over the last 14 months, i've run across things like cauliflower crust pizza and numerous people swearing how good it is, while i try it and think theres something wrong with people's tastebuds. 

i'd give these muffins a try if someone offered me one. i enjoy things like zucchini bread, so i see some potential with this.

I like zucchini bread, warmed with a little butter but adding chocolate and cranberries would absolutely ruin it. This is Vargas' problem, start with a solid basic then glob on crap that just clutters it up and it's neither zucchini bread or a chocolate cupcake. Choose one and stick with it.

the cauliflower pizza crust was horrible. won't be trying that one again.

tried a "pizza" crust made out of cream cheese yesterday and it was pretty good. not sure what the difference was, but i'll be having the cream cheese crust pizza again.

During my vegan week I noticed that they spend a lot of effort trying to make vegan foods look and taste like carnivore foods. Huge fail. When you have to produce hundreds of recipes a year not all of them can be winners, especially when you are beholden to certain ingredients produced by your sponsors

15 hours ago, Brandon said:

lay off the salt and processed foods. things taste better.

absolutely agree. this would be an occasional thing as it's pretty high in calories too. i eat more vegetables and have salad once per day, sometimes more.

down 177 lbs. so far, and only another 55 to go to reach my goal.

6 hours ago, Tank said:

absolutely agree. this would be an occasional thing as it's pretty high in calories too. i eat more vegetables and have salad once per day, sometimes more.

down 177 lbs. so far, and only another 55 to go to reach my goal.

good for you, man.

it tripped me out when I laid off certain thing and mainly halted all fast food. my tastebuds changed and seemed to enjoy things more. I remember broccoli tasting better, which was weird.

17 hours ago, Brandon said:

good for you, man.

it tripped me out when I laid off certain thing and mainly halted all fast food. my tastebuds changed and seemed to enjoy things more. I remember broccoli tasting better, which was weird.

thanks. been an interesting journey, but so very, very worthwhile.

i don't have any desire for fast food anymore. a big part of it is knowing how destructive that food is to all the work i've done for myself, and the other part is realizing that i no longer have a taste for it. i don't miss it at all anymore.

the one thing i miss is eating a sandwich. i limit myself to one slice of bread per day. i make a slice of toast and add a fried or poached egg and some cheese to it for breakfast most mornings. i look for wheat/whole grain bread with the fewest carbs possible. reducing carbs and sugar, along with greatly reducing food volume, are the things that have helped me be most successful. there's something called cloud bread that's extremely low carb that i've considered making, but i haven't pulled the trigger on that yet.

i've noticed some changes in my tastes, also (interesting that you mentioned that). i couldn't stand cranberries, but that has definitely changed. i like the dried ones and frequently add them to a salad. same with brussel sprouts. maybe it's time to try a tamale again . . . or maybe not.