• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Hurricane Irma

St. John is probably my favorite place on earth. I have tears in my eyes looking at pictures of the devestation to so many familiar places. I hope the US Virgin Islands get the attention and help that they need, and that they are not forgotten about when Irma hits Florida.

1 hour ago, NJHalo said:

St. John is probably my favorite place on earth. I have tears in my eyes looking at pictures of the devestation to so many familiar places. I hope the US Virgin Islands get the attention and help that they need, and that they are not forgotten about when Irma hits Florida.

Spent my honeymoon there and St. Thomas. My heart aches seeing what has happened. The hospital in St. Thomas had its roof ripped off so they are evacuating patients via helicopter to St. Croix. Utter devastation. 

44 minutes ago, Geoff said:

The storm graph has an M on the storm time and day all the way up until it turns to an S when it hits South Carolina.  What does the M and S stand for?

(I have a feeling I should know this)

D = Depression
S = Tropical Storm
H = Hurricane
M = Major Hurricane. Category 3 or higher.

11 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Looks like Jose is going to spin into open ocean....but Irma could go right up the middle of Florida.

I'll be sitting here with major fires burning everywhere around me, breathing smoke, watching wind and floods. 

wtf?

In other words, it's a typical September.

weatherwise, this is such a horrible month every year.

38 minutes ago, Tank said:

In other words, it's a typical September.

weatherwise, this is such a horrible month every year.

September is my favorite weather month of the year. It's still warm at the beach and less crowded because the kids have gone to school. It's also a perfect time to head to the river since the air temp goes down and the water stays warm. 

NBC news tonight reported there are a dozen huge construction cranes in and around Miami. Report said they were being left in place as there wasn't enough time to remove them. These cranes weigh 360,000 lbs each, and while they're built to withstand winds around 145 mph, irmas winds are stronger. The top of each crane is designed to spin around with the wind. They're expecting the worst when these cranes come crashing down, and hoping like mad no one is in the way. This is going to be pretty ugly.