• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Hurricane Irma

A few years ago when we were planning our honeymoon we were considering the Virgin Islands...we were looking at the September timeframe. All sorts of availability and prices were cheap.

When I did some reading I started noticing people talking about how most of the businesses were closed during that time and I figured out why it was so cheap...damn place nearly shuts down during hurricane season.

I think it's been official for a long time that people suck

It's pretty far out for them to predict where Irma may head...some models show it curving up towards NC and possibly not making landfall at all...but others do show it may head in towards the Gulf though not necessarily heading towards Houston, I think it was showing more Florida.

The hurricane that hit Jacksonville when I was growing up (Dora, 1964) was tracking north in the Atlantic, apparently headed for no man's land, stalled and strengthened directly east of Jacksonville and turned due west, making landfall as what would today be classified as a Cat 4 hurricane. Hurricane paths are notoriously unpredictable.

I have never seen one just stall along the coast and continue to dump rain like Harvey did in Texas. They normally don't go back out to sea and make landfall again after hitting a continental land mass, either. 

On 9/2/2017 at 9:20 PM, LHalo said:

Won't give a dime to them. 

We gave to a local meal provider. Recommended from a local friend. 

Catastrophic Hurricane Irma — now a Cat 5 — is on a collision course with Florida

With maximum winds of 185 mph, Irma is tied for the fifth strongest storm ever observed in the Atlantic. And in its Tuesday morning discussion, the National Hurricane Center said the storm is in an environment “ideal for some additional intensification.”

145233_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png&w=

Edited by gotbeer